Cultivated Reef

My Biocube 29 build

floridian reefer

very nice, see i would do that just because you still have a hood and its closed right now i have the hood open in the front and back and its 75-76. so i guess that fan you put in the back has its own power supply?

Why have all the hoods open? I bought my BC29 because I liked the clean closed top look.

Yes it has it own power supply. You can by a cheap power supply from Radio Shack or on eBay. You could even order one from Newegg when you order fans. The more voltage the faster the fan rpm's but this will also make more fan noise. I used a 9 volt power suppply for mine the rpm moves enough air and the fan is very quite. I had a Silnex 60x60x25 fan with the full12 volts running it and it was super quite, then the fan craped out and I had this one laying around but when I hooked up the 12 volts it was loud. I had a 9 volt power supply from one my fried out wireless routers, it works perfect.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
floridian reefer

yea i love the clean look with the lid closed, its just so hot now with the new lights that i have to leave it open i think im going to do what you did and put a fan in the back lid, that looks awesome! great idea

floridian reefer

alright im preparing to change my chamber 2 setup, currently have lr in it and i want to make it a refuge. im thinking about leaving the false floor in and just filling it with chaeto. any reason why this wont work? im going to get a light of course, maybe from steviet if he takes care of my fish saver issue!

the fish save makers built it wrong so they are sending me a new one!!! sweet. cant wait found my clown on top of the grate above chamber 2 this morning

Your tank looks awesome!! I LOVE the gorg!! Please let me know if you ever have frags of it for sale. I have a purple one right now but im loving the orange.

floridian reefer
Your tank looks awesome!! I LOVE the gorg!! Please let me know if you ever have frags of it for sale. I have a purple one right now but im loving the orange.

thanks, might make a trade two frags for 2 frags

Works for me. I have 2 of the same kind who have begun to grow together and make one big gorg lol

Mine are the photo type.

Also how do you frag a gorg? Never reallyread anything about how to do it.

floridian reefer

this is non photo, and all i did was just cut them off, i gave my buddy a good size peice and he cut two off that, that would be the frags you,re getting. once he saw you said that he said he'd trade you 2 for 2. i told him to pm you if you were serious

floridian reefer

Seems like eveything Is loving the new lights, I think I'm going to skip the fuge idea and just add a bigge skimmer to the chamber 2

mobilehurricane

i love that gorg you have as well! i'm over in mobile and responded to your post about nearby stores, don't know what you are interested in, but maybe a trade some day for a frag between my busy days

floridian reefer

sure id be interested just pm me whenever. thank also, its pretty neat!! one of my favorite things in my tank!!

floridian reefer

well not much new but my hammer hasnt opened up in a few days? i moved it lower just incase it didnt like the lights but im thinking thats not it because it still isnt opening.

floridian reefer

know i posted that and said it got that hot with the new lights i keep it at 76 have to leave front and back of hood open til i figure something out

floridian reefer

well i moved the tank from my room to the living room to help with temp control, all day today with the tops up was around 73 when i got home at 5..... usually it stays around 76, i guess ill try the tops down tomorrow...?

floridian reefer

i got an aquaticlife skimmer two days ago and now im back fighting the temp problem, the move to the living room helped now its back to 79-80. its okay i got a plan.....

• 3 weeks later...
floridian reefer

cell phone picks

IMG_0207.jpg

IMG_0206.jpg

i got rid of all the live rock in the middle chamber and threw some chateo in there, mounted 1 led on the bottom of the back open lid to shine down threw the grate to illuminate in the daylights off cycle. pretty bright!....

IMG_0205.jpg

shines a lil on the wall.. i dont mind and it doesnt shine over the wall into the display at all!!

IMG_0204.jpg

floridian reefer

this......

DSCN2818.jpg

turned into this.....

DSCN3034.jpg

in 2 months

Is your mandarin on frozen or pellet food?

sometimes i see it eat frozen mysis but i have enough pods in the tank including a live supply of mysis... got him covered

floridian reefer

fixed heat problem also, still running x4 36w pc's just added two fans to back will post pics later tonight....

also added aqautic life skimmer... awesome!!!! real impressed...

Archived