Innovative Marine Aquariums

Cree LED Office Pico Reef

bxz

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

whjat an awesome comapct tank you have going on here. I am in love with your beautiful creation. Lots of colors.

I love your zoas and your Birdie and your froggie is outstanding.

I like you decided to add sand

glad i found this thread. Great job

Thx Redkneecoral, the growth of the green birdie really surprises me too. Adding the sand does look more mature.

whjat an awesome comapct tank you have going on here. I am in love with your beautiful creation. Lots of colors.

I love your zoas and your Birdie and your froggie is outstanding.

I like you decided to add sand

glad i found this thread. Great job

thx Cameraman_2.

Some new pics today

op42.jpg

op43.jpg

I can't imagine working without a pico now.

That tank looks awesome.

what is that sps coral right above the froggie that has blue and greens on it

I'm not too good at iding sps, all i know i love it.

This that bothers me about your tank and everyone's elses tank is that you all are having great success with zoas. I have a hard time at keeping them thriving in my tank.

Do you add anything in your tank to help keep the zoas thriving good.

And this is one of my fav threads.

awesome job

This one is fragged from my solana 7 months ago when I started this pico, they usually don't grow that fast, when I bought the mother frogspawn, it has 2 heads, now total about 8 heads in three locations.

This is awesome. It's hard to imagine keeping a frogspawn with SPS and Zoas in a tank this small.

How often do you have to frag the frogspawn?

Hi refkneecoral, that's a green bird nest. for the zoa to thrive shouldn't be that difficult, make sure ur water parameter is at par, my salinity is 1.025. I find that zoas do like LED light, you can try that if you are into LEDs. I don't add anything in this pico, just biweekly water change.

New youtube video added:

what is that sps coral right above the froggie that has blue and greens on it

I'm not too good at iding sps, all i know i love it.

This that bothers me about your tank and everyone's elses tank is that you all are having great success with zoas. I have a hard time at keeping them thriving in my tank.

Do you add anything in your tank to help keep the zoas thriving good.

And this is one of my fav threads.

awesome job

it's a simple setup with a heatsink drilled tapped, on page 2 you can see what it looks like with a fan, I took the fan off since it's not that hot.

Very nice setup...

Do you have any pics of your LED setup..?

I started the pico with some liverock from my solana, I believe that helped a lot in stabilizing the water parameter, then with regular water change and not overfeeding, it's not that hard to keep good water quality. I now do biweekly water change and that's it. I took the rock out and did some brushing cleaning twice if there's too much hair algae, I believe now it's almost gone and once a while I'll nip some off the rock whenever I change water.

For the clown, I think he's living in a Manhattan Studio, he's pretty cool and active, didn't seem to be stressful, I'll take him out once he's a little bigger.

How hard is to keep the parameters in rule??? dont you think is too small for the clown fish?

SUP Jens, I wish I could wrap it up so it can come with me wherever I go B) , really wanna visit Sweden someday.

Absolutly fantastic pico! I just love it, wrap it up and send it to me please ;)

/Jens :D

• 2 weeks later...
redkneecoral
Hi refkneecoral, that's a green bird nest. for the zoa to thrive shouldn't be that difficult, make sure ur water parameter is at par, my salinity is 1.025. I find that zoas do like LED light, you can try that if you are into LEDs. I don't add anything in this pico, just biweekly water change.

New youtube video added:

I thought the was a Bird's nest, i love it. And I really enjoyed watch your vid.

My parameters are good so thats why I cannot understand they aren't doing too well in my tank.

My salinity is the same as your's.

Oh i want to try the LEDs for my 3gal but i can't afford to shell out a LED fixture on my 30gal

I truely love your tank, it's definately on the top of my fav tanks i ever seen

Hi newman, I don't specifically feed the star, it just wanders around and eats whatever it finds I guess, I'm not sure what it really eats, algae, fish poops maybe.

nice. did you figure out what the star eats yet?

thx man, what kinda light you are using? make sure it's not too strong or the zoa will shrink.

Is that a real spider in ur hand? man, that's huge!

I thought the was a Bird's nest, i love it. And I really enjoyed watch your vid.

My parameters are good so thats why I cannot understand they aren't doing too well in my tank.

My salinity is the same as your's.

Oh i want to try the LEDs for my 3gal but i can't afford to shell out a LED fixture on my 30gal

I truely love your tank, it's definately on the top of my fav tanks i ever seen

Archived