Innovative Marine Aquariums

new-b-reefers LED picotope (pic heavy!)

new-b-reefer

updated pictures

added a couple things that were overgrowing in my nanocube. mushrooms are all spreading and filling in along with some zoas, gsp and what not :)

enjoy the pics :)

IMAG0783.jpg

IMAG0784.jpg

IMAG0785.jpg

IMAG0786.jpg

IMAG0787.jpg

IMAG0788.jpg

IMAG0789.jpg

IMAG0790.jpg

IMAG0791.jpg

IMAG0792.jpg

IMAG0793.jpg

IMAG0794.jpg

IMAG0795.jpg

feedback always welcome ;)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

needs orange mushrooms desperately. I'm not digging those palys that high up in the tank. see if you can move them to the area between that kenya tree and the shrooms. or will that look just as bad? it just looks like the area that the palys are in right now needs to be occupied by some other coral...

Here you go:

needs orange mushrooms desperately. I'm not digging those palys that high up in the tank. see if you can move them to the area between that kenya tree and the shrooms. or will that look just as bad? it just looks like the area that the palys are in right now needs to be occupied by some other coral...

Here you go:

lol, agreed. nice photo shop job ;)

i had put them there to fill that space, i have some nice orange zoas that spread onto another rock in my nc 28 so maybe i can use those, but yes some orange would really set it off. i will see what i can do :)

thanks for the feed back :) or maybe if i can find a nice leather or something similar to what you put in the photo.

wish my ricordea had survived the move, those were an awesome orange. i need to get some more of those.

Newman the designer.

Looks good as it is, but a little rescape could make it even better.

Lol, thanks. I moved the palys to the right side and in there place I put some of my other zoas from my nanocube, a few orange with green trim and a rock covered in maroonish ones with neon green trim :) will post pics once everything is all open and adjusted to the tank :)

haha, that was just done in Paint program. That orangy branchy coral is a photosynthetic gorgonian. you may want to look into it, its practical for a tank like yours, I bet.

haha, that was just done in Paint program. That orangy branchy coral is a photosynthetic gorgonian. you may want to look into it, its practical for a tank like yours, I bet.

Lol, nice. I actually didn't know there were photosynthetic gorgonians. Tell me more. Are they high light demanding, difficult or easy to care for? And how is it practical? Like do you mean beneficial?

i mean it will survive in your pico.

do a search for gold sea rod.

https://www.marinesgardens.com/product_info...products_id=315

that's one source about care. they are photosynthetic, but will benefit from anything you normally feed to your entire tank.

Oh nice. Thanks. I will check it out. Give some diversity :)

I will upload some new pics probably tomorrow of the added zoas. :)

Oh nice. Thanks. I will check it out. Give some diversity :)

I will upload some new pics probably tomorrow of the added zoas. :)

some new pics as promised of the zoas i moved over from my nanocube28 :) they responded and started opening really quickly so i snapped some shots. adds a bit more color to the tank :)

IMAG0796.jpg

IMAG0797.jpg

IMAG0798.jpg

IMAG0799.jpg

IMAG0800.jpg

again, feedback welcome :)

Looks great! The zoas were a good move.

I think you do need some height (from the gorg perhaps - just make sure you get a photosynthetic one) or perhaps something like a torch/hammer/frogspawn?

Looks great! The zoas were a good move.

I think you do need some height (from the gorg perhaps - just make sure you get a photosynthetic one) or perhaps something like a torch/hammer/frogspawn?

Thanks, I love zoas :)

I agree it could us some height. Funny you mention the hammer, I used to have one in there, moved it to another one of my tanks and then unfortunatley lost it when we moved. I should get another one. I always liked the deep greens it had :) torch would be a neat addition too. I miss my ricordeas too

you could just use regular orange shrooms, they dont have to be expensive rics...

Yeah that's true. Now I just have to find some lol. I have seen red shrooms, they are kind of orange, are those the same or are there ones that are truely orange?

Archived