Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

new-b-reefers LED picotope (pic heavy!)

new-b-reefer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE!!! NEW CORALS ADDED!!!

so i finally added some much needed color to my pico and rescaped it. took off the pico filter and surface skimmer, added my ac50, may convert to fuge in the future, possibly. and rescaped the tank making a nice big cave in the middle. the damsel is loving it as am i :) anyway, i found another lfs that was nearby and he also carries $5 frags and also... are you ready, $1 & $2 frags also. so so so excited. lol i have added lots of colorful zoas. :) my favorite. here are pics. feed back welcome :)

F.T.S.'s

IMG_3751.jpg

IMG_3750.jpg

IMG_3749-1.jpg

IMG_3748.jpg

new frags :)

some greens, reds, oranges, and yellows. and also one of the frags came with a fairly large colony of small purple zoas :)

IMG_3764.jpg

IMG_3762.jpg

IMG_3761.jpg

IMG_3758.jpg

IMG_3757.jpg

IMG_3756.jpg

IMG_3755.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

IMG_3753.jpg

and of course some night shots :D

IMG_3769.jpg

IMG_3768.jpg

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3770.jpg

looks good, and awesome re-scape! love that cave.

thanks, it worked out quite well. :) i added a couple more small frags. some more reds, oranges :)

finally getting some color in there :)

if you went with green, you might as well go with green nepthea coral.

I added some oranges, yellows, red...ish's. Lol

A couple greens. Some oranges with neon greenish yellow trim. What is nepthea coral?

ah ok, i know what you are talking about. i rarely see those for sale. and i am a big fan of different zoas. so many different color variations. but that nepthea coral looks real nice too. :) isnt that kinda the same as a tree leather? kinda like the one i have in there. of course mine isnt a nice bright green though lol.

it is relatively different from the finger leather. you have a kenya tree or colt coral or something along those lines. nepthea is an awesome green, you should try it if the mood strickes you lol.

it is relatively different from the finger leather. you have a kenya tree or colt coral or something along those lines. nepthea is an awesome green, you should try it if the mood strickes you lol.

thats right. the one i have is a kenya tree. i am pretty sure. always forget the name. lol. if i come accross one of those nepthea, a small one, i will have to pick one up. it looks like it would have a real bright glow under the night bllue led :)

• 2 weeks later...

looks nice! i like the shroom cave i think thats perfect and you should not move them out of there lol.

tip: for the hammer turn off all flow before taking a pic of it.

looks nice! i like the shroom cave i think thats perfect and you should move them out of there lol.

tip: for the hammer turn off all flow before taking a pic of it.

lol, i like the shroom cave too, they are not actually set back into it but it looks that way. and what do you mean i should move them out of there exactly? :)

i will get a better pic of the hammer soon. thanks for the tip :)

• 2 weeks later...
are the deep blue led lights the same as actinic? Do you use them for your dusk/dawn?

yeah kinda the same. the deep blue leds are more so for the looks at night because the bring out the fluorescence in the corals. i just leave them on all the time so they are one before the lights come on and after they go off :) i would recommend you still use actinic lights because these are not powerful enough to use as a replacement for actinic lighting. these are just a great picoreef nightlight :)

Looking good man! keep up the good work :) whats the 'blue center' zoa's name? it looks blue from here resembles the RDE

and im not sure on the name of the zoa you are refering too. maybe someone will be kind enough to chime in with an ID of them for us :)

blue center zoas? you mean those green dragon eyes? they may look a bit blue due to camera setting or PC lighting. I think theyre a bit more green right?

blue center zoas? you mean those green dragon eyes? they may look a bit blue due to camera setting or PC lighting. I think theyre a bit more green right?

Yes they are green. And thanks. I'm glad I finally have an ID on them now. Green dragon eye zoas. Sweet!

• 2 months later...

tank update. DAY # 251 pictures

changes made:

-rescaped a bit

-added peppermint shrimp

-added yellow gorgonian frag

-added another kenya tree

IMAG0189.jpg

IMAG0188.jpg

IMAG0187.jpg

IMAG0186.jpg

IMAG0182.jpg