Cultivated Reef

6 Gallon Nano

cameraman_2

Funny... I was reading this thread for the first time and then saw you posted on mine.

I was thinking as I was reading, this is more like what I need to do with my cube.

Your tank is looking great!

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen my Stomatella in a few days. Well last night when I got home I found an empty shell that looked like a finger nail sitting on top of my orange fungia's mouth.

Here is a pic of my new guy, montipora undata, which I attached to the side of the glass and hoping he grows out. Also I have a new FTS. I have some annoying algae problem and I have been doing lots of water changes and less feeding to see if it will go away. I have also been moving my corals around so most of them are actually on the right side on the ground right now just chilling. There is a rock that is there in front that is hiding most of them in the picture. I lost my gorgonian, candy cane and open brain since the last updated FTS but ever thing else is going great with the tank.

Montipora Undata

110119_05.jpg

Trachy looking happy

110119_02.jpg

Side view which I never see since that is where my speaker sits for the TV.

110119_04.jpg

Here is the new FTS

110119_06.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I bought a few more Hermits today to keep the tank clean as well as some peppermint shrimp. Maybe this time the 3 can survive my evil damsel.

can you tell me again what lights you are running. I have just set up a nano cube 6. Loving how you are stocking!

I am using the nova extreme which has 2 18 watt t5 bulbs.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
cameraman_2

Well I was out of town for 2 weeks and came back to find a lot of dead stuff in my tank. Trying to nurse what is ok back to health. The water is now fine and everything. Not sure if one or 2 peaces died which spiked the ammonia as well as the evaporation raising the salinity and ####### everything off.

I did score an awesome LED light yesterday. One of the LFSes was cleaning out their back room and I showed up at the right time. Half of it doesn't work but the other half does and that covers my tank since the fixture is a 24" and my tank is about 17" wide. So the other set of LEDs is hanging off my tank. I did test them and most of them work just fine so I have spare parts. The unit is a PFO, not sure what series. I am really loveing the brightness and now know I can grow anything. I also love the Solar mode where it simulates the sunrise and sunset, as well as cloud cover. It also runs through the phases of the moon. I can't wait to get some new coral and get my tank looking awesome again. Also my server is down at the moment so when I get it back up all the new guys can see pics of what the tank use to look like.

cameraman_2

I bought a Blue Orchid Acro frag today and yesterday I bought a multi color Acro and a red tabling acro cutting. I also bought this green thing that i forgot the name of it, Green ...data. Its not an Undata but something else. I will post pics later.

cameraman_2

20110524_01.jpg

That is the Green Digitata I was saying I forgot the name of. It is very tricky shooting under these LED lights. I will try some more tomorrow with better luck I hope.

• 4 months later...

My tank is finally stable again and I have a few new guys in the tank.

The list:

Coral:

orange monti

1 red mushroom

black and orange ric

orange and green zoas

octo frogspawn

duncan head

Fish

The same Blue Yellow Tailed Damsel

Inverts

Bunch of different types of snails

Small Hermit Crabs

Peppermint Shrimp

Arrow Crab

Green Bubble Tip Anemone

Here are some pics of the latest stuff in the tank.

2011-09-09_01.jpg

2011-09-09_02.jpg

Octo Frogspawn

2011-10-08_01.jpg

Octo Frogspawn under Moon Lights

2011-10-07_01.jpg

Duncan

2011-10-12_01.jpg

Duncan under side

2011-10-13_01.jpg

Green Bubble Tip Anemone

2011-10-12_02.jpg

Green Bubble Tip Anemone under moon lights

2011-10-12_03.jpg

Here is an update to see how much stuff as grown in the last week.

FTS

20111025_001.jpg

20111024_001.jpg

20111024_002.jpg

20111024_003.jpg

20111024_004.jpg

20111024_005.jpg

20111024_006.jpg

20111024_007.jpg

20111024_008.jpg

All shots taken with my phone, a Samsung Captivate.

Here is my newest guy under the moon lights. He is actually green with pink polyps but it just turned out blue and couldn't fix it in photoshop to the correct color.

20111025_002.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Today I finally got a clam. I have been wanting one for almost ever. Hopefully I will have some new shots of the tank up tomorrow. I also feel like just letting everything grow out and like I don't really need anything else except that perfect fungia plate coral and some rics for the ric garden.

Archived