Coral Vue Hydros

6 Gallon Nano

cameraman_2

cameraman_2

Thanks, yeah there is just 2 more things that I want to get once I get the money and then the rest as I see something I can't live without.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great start! As for the aiptasia, I recently bought two acan frags with a bunch. The price was awesome, so I couldn't say no. I simply went out a few days later and bought 3 peppermint shrimp and dropped them in my 10 gallon. The aiptasia was gone overnight, so I took out two of the shrimp. I still have one peppermint in the tank, and I have yet to see more aiptasia. Also, I have a lot of LPS and the so far, the peppermint has been minding his manners and leaving them alone.

Great looking blasto! It looks almost exactly like a small colony that I have growing. You'll be very very pleased when that head grows out.

cameraman_2

Ok I was bored so I went out to anther lfs and picked up this little guy. The other frags where on a huge peace of rock that I didn't have room for. This one was on a disk and I scraped him off and put him where I wanted him.

20100719_02.jpg

Acan

Oh I go to either the Fish Gallery which is right down the street. They sometimes have some good stuff. I go there every Monday to get my water so I see if there is anything I want. I also go to Mid-Cities Aqariums which is an awesome place out in Euless. They are right down the road from the church I work for on Sundays, so I will usually run out there and see what they have after I finish doing sound. I always wait til Monday to buy my stuff so I go around and look and see what I really want.

cameraman_2

Here are 2 more shots of my tank. You hardly ever see the tank from the side since that is where the arm of the couch is.

20100726_02.jpg

20100726_03.jpg

cameraman_2

Thanks for the comments. I finally picked up some epoxy puddy and made my lr a little more stable now.

I'm curious as well - what is the name of your LFS?

I spend a lot of time at Neptune's Cove in Plano.

They have some nice Zoas.

cameraman_2

Thanks, I shop at a 2 right now. I go to the Fish Gallery which is where I got the red and the green acan, the blasto and candy cane. I also go to Mid-Cities Aquariums in Euless, which is where I got my Ultra Green Fragspawn, the Gorgonian and the open brain. I have yet to buy anything from Neptunes Cove, however I do go there and look every once in a while. I will shop around until I find the peace that I want and right now I am really picky on what I want next for the tank since I don't have much room.

I am wanting to find a fungia coral about 1.5-2" that is a nice orange and purple or something else that is just awesome looking or I would love an awesome trachy that is small in size as well. I also want some other really nice looking blastos. And maybe another Acan or 2 that I just can't live without. Then one day when my tank can handle it, I would like to get a clam of some sort.

cameraman_2

Here is the new Blasto I picked up today. I really hope he does good. There is only 1 head left on the guy but I have hope for him. Plus I pretty much got him for free.

20100801_01.jpg

cameraman_2

He has definitely puffed up since I shot that photo and I gave him a little food after the lights went out. He didn't snatch it right up but slowly tried to get it so I held it in place til he got his mouth on it.

cameraman_2

I was bored today and shot some pics of the stuff in my tank....again.

Here is a close up of my Gorgonian

20100802_02.jpg

FrogSpawn

20100802_03.jpg

One of my Acan Lords

20100802_04.jpg

Here is my Candy Cane who seems to be pissed off so I have been moving him around to find him a place he likes.

20100802_05.jpg

New Blasto

20100802_06.jpg

cameraman_2

Well my white light went out and I will run tomorrow and replace it. But in the meantime here are some pics of my corals under just the Actinic light.

20100802_07.jpg

20100802_08.jpg

20100802_09.jpg

It looks like the brain is regrowing on this side. He use to barely have a mouth on the right and now he looks like he has a mouth and some more tissue.

20100802_10.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I bought a Montipora Capricornis today and have attached him to the back glass so he can grow out into the tank from the back.

20100823_01.jpg

20100823_02.jpg

How did you attach the monti cap? I tried glueing a frag to my glass and it wouldn't stick.

I used some AquaScape aquarium epoxy. It is a 2 part clay epoxy that you mix together and hardens over 24 hours. I also used it to glue my live rocks together.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived