inTank Media Baskets

Petco Coral, please READ!

Derekcaudill

Derekcaudill
they look like common brown zoas to me otherwise knows as common colony polups.

or do they look like this ? (i hope not). these are called cammethoas i think or commonly called camo zoa's or palys. they are very invasive and will smother just about any other coral in your tank in time. they are pretty hard to kill. i treat them like aptasia and juice them if they hitchhike in. they grow super fast so some people like them but like i said they can really take over a tank and when there established you cant kill them all. they dissapear and come back.

1036742C.jpg

No they dont really look like that. Like I said I need to get some better pics on here for you guys to help me ID them. They look brown in the pics but are really oran and pink. Though there are a few spots here and there on the rock with some really nice greens, blues, and purples. I will try soon to get a better pic. I will need help with ID's cause i really dont know too many zoas at all right now.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Derekcaudill

Another iphone pic i forgot to add. This one you can see the colors a little bit better. This side is mainly orange and pink. Any ideas on ID's?

post-49972-1274292717_thumb.jpg

post-49972-1274357213_thumb.jpg

post-49972-1274380722_thumb.jpg

Derekcaudill
Another iphone pic i forgot to add. This one you can see the colors a little bit better. This side is mainly orange and pink. Any ideas on ID's?

Any ideas on ID's guys? I know they are bad pics, but some of you are really good about IDing these things pretty quickly.

Thunderstruck34

i think you got a pretty good deal. $18 for a 3-5lb rock is pretty decent imo. My lfs charges $8 for regular lr and $12-$15 lb for the nicer stuff.

those zolook like watermelon or eagle eyes and maybe some others. no rare awesome zoas in anybodys' book but it was a great price for the amount you got. :)

Archived