Official Reefcleaners.org feedback poll

porksoda

Official Reefcleaners Poll  

143 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate his service?

• Thumbs UP
    • Thumbs DOWN

johnmaloney
john's one bad MOFO! i don't know of any other business owner who answers e-mails at 2am PST.

What is that, 4am EST?

Thanks guys! Especially nanoreef-R ;) ;) ;) lol . We have shipped a few thousand orders, I am sure we have dropped the ball on quite a few. We are certainly not perfect.

Sorry MNVikings! I probably made the mistake of thinking you wanted the chaeto as the penny algae? That is odd we did that to you. I really never send chaeto as the penny algae. Will shoot you a PM soon

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnmaloney
my chaeto and gracilaria died within a week of putting it in my sump, but I still give reefcleaners a thumbs up. the prices can't be beat and the website is a wonderful resource even if you don't order from it. Also, John's been proactive in trying to rectify the issues with my order. Great doing business with him

sorry again. a full refund for everything, even the stuff that made it should have posted I think, but maybe I am wrong. i saw in the other feedback section that you had chaeto die in june, i only refunded the shipment from early may. did i get the right one? if not let me know.

i made an order and requested to not get chaeto for the penny algae deal. got an email back saying that i would not get chaeto since a lot of people already have it. emailed after i received the product and discussed my concern when i saw chaeto there. yes it is a penny algae, but the deal was not honored. the email communication instantly halted thereafter. the halimeda i got looked poopy as hell and all the bags wreaked of rancid saltwater. you get what you pay for.

sorry about the penny algae again mnvikings. i reshipped it along with the halimeda. i didn't realize the halimeda was dead on arrival, next time if something dies send me an email about it. I did find that the first email was read, but when I read it I probably didn't realize there was an issue, it didn't mention the halimeda, and had what I mistakenly thought was a positive review. Let me know how the reshipment works out.

In the future if anyone has any issues with their order email me and we will work quickly to correct the issue. Sorry for any trouble or hassle in the mean time.

Guest TheBlueLorax

I haven't ordered from reefcleaners yet but I will omgomgomg

And a last name like MALONEY thats TOO Legit straight mafia style who wouldn't want to order from someone like that :D

I have never ordered from reef cleaners because I made the mistake or buying my CuC from a LFS which is sub par (no selection). But I have to say John is an asset on the forums and is very helpful when people have algae problems. Thanks for helping us out with your knowledge on some of the most annoying parts of owning a reef tank :D

• 4 months later...

I will give him a thumbs up though it wasn't flawless. I ordered 4 Florida ceriths and one of them was just an empty shell. I had ridiculous amounts of dwarf ceriths and 2-3 extra nassarius so I can't say that I am upset, but still they were the biggest snails that I had ordered and to be short one was a disappointment. Additionally, in the smaller tanks like my 10g, the 50-60 dwarf ceriths I got when I only ordered 10 actually turned out to be too many. My tank looked like it had ticks on it there were so many. I put them all in there and the tank was pretty clean after a week, then I removed like 30.

Not really looking to complain because he definitely got a 9.8/10 from me, but I can't say flawless. I would definitely order from him again.

• 2 weeks later...
danthenewreefman

my cuc order had an paypal issue, i called them and raised hell, they said no way it would be refunded by vendor or them.

emailed john, order was refunded....he is a good person.

3.60% thumbs down. That is blasphemy. Quick shipping,extra's and cheap quality snails is awesome.

Wish I had 4 hands so I could give him 4 thumbs up.

3 out of 3 orders from him have been 150% excellent.

2 out of 2 for me have been the same. More than I ordered, and just incredible communication, shipping, arrival etc.

I am stunned that 4 people actually voted thumbs down.

I've had a drawn out order with John but it is in no way his fault and the blame falls entirely on USPS. He was quick to try to help me and provide all the information I needed to raise hell with the lovely people who work for our government.

I will definitely order from him again and try to pay extra for UPS or FedEx haha.

• 3 weeks later...

John has my thumbs up! There was a small snag in the order causing it to be delivered a day later than it should have been but there was a shipping error with ups and not reefcleaners fault whatsoever. He responded to my emails surprisingly quickly and I even got a few bonus snails :D

I've placed 2 orders with John. Both times I received great service.

If I set up another tank I'll be order Dry Rock and a CUC from him again.

• 1 month later...

Iv lost track of all the orders under diffirent addresses etc. from john but the man ALWAYS comes through. I even get a few free newspapers with my order too. Saves me having to go to the store >.>

Archived