ReefCleaners.org

Do!Aqua 7.5: The Test

DaveFason

I really like your top down on the scape. Bulk reef supply gets some really nice looking rock too. It's what I decided to use on my 10G.

Have you tested the PO4 test against any other test kits or equipment to see the difference by chance?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think you nailed the scape Dave. Really will look awesome depending on the coral you select. There was another guy on here (jjjo I think) that had a similar scape and had an awesome torch on one of the branches. Really made it look like a bonsai.

Nice reviews. Sound like some really handy tools to have. Might have to check out the PO4 tester soon. Just can't see not using my old stand by hand-held refractometer :)

DaveFason

Thanks Pat.

I was able to test the chilled reactor part last night and with only 5v going to the chiller I was able to get it down to the low 50's. With the 9-12v range I should be able to achieve low 30's :D

I love this stuff!

-Dave

I have a feeling you'll pull air, your placement of the output is a bit too high. What's the diameter of the pump face at, 1.6108 or something like that right? The slots look like they're 1/4th as well. Was that done with a laser? No way that's machined, those tiny spaces between the slots will snap like a motherfuuuu, not to mention square edges on the slots.

DaveFason

Nip - Yep. It was laser cut. I placed the pump higher than normal only because I wont be running this but 50% and so far so good. The main part is .25 so I really dont think it would snap. Unless you want to beast it for some reason.

post some pictures of your tank!

-Dave

Its official...

I bought a CNC bench top mill. Bring it on :D

-Dave

Which one did you get? I am very in to CNC. I actually started a business manufacturing cnc routers and now its my full time gig.

Its official...

I bought a CNC bench top mill. Bring it on :D

-Dave

is that like a manual mill? Im eyeing a haas mini vmc myself

DaveFason

I'm going small. Sieg X2 with a Rockcliff CNC kit. The guy selling it to me is a engineer graduate and has done some custom work for more power, torque and a few other little things. I will be picking this up Sunday. So excited about this! All I need to do is buy Mach3 and I'm good to go.

mspro - You may have several PM's from me!

-Dave

DaveFason

Sorry for the lack of updates. With the move coming up and everything starting to move with the new company I have been slammed.

I will be picking up the CNC Sunday and then most likely starting cuts next week :)

-Dave

what is a chilled food cone reactor? What purpose will it serve? Feeding?

I am new to the reef world and just trying to get some insight, go easy on me if this is a silly question.

Archived