ReefCleaners.org

Maxima ditched byssal threads/foot?

Bamato

I've never seen my Maxima do this before. I moved him in the last month to a lower spot in the tank (LEDs were blasting him too much) and he still hasn't found a good place to attach too. So I put a nice flat piece of shell under him to attach to. Tonight I came home and noticed this... It looks like he tried to attach to the shell, then ditched his threads and a good chunk of is foot on it....

AquariumMisc014.jpg

AquariumMisc015.jpg

The good news is he has since attached a few threads to another piece of rock adjacent to where the shell was. Think this is something serious? I mean, it can't be in that much trouble if it's already attached somewhere else right?

I've never seen my Maxima do this before. I moved him in the last month to a lower spot in the tank (LEDs were blasting him too much) and he still hasn't found a good place to attach too. So I put a nice flat piece of shell under him to attach to. Tonight I came home and noticed this... It looks like he tried to attach to the shell, then ditched his threads and a good chunk of is foot on it....

AquariumMisc014.jpg

AquariumMisc015.jpg

The good news is he has since attached a few threads to another piece of rock adjacent to where the shell was. Think this is something serious? I mean, it can't be in that much trouble if it's already attached somewhere else right?

100% normal

no worries

they grow new ones quickly.....i bet you it's already attached

I figured it was normal seeing as he is already attached. just have never seen a huge chunk like that. Thanks rock!

I figured it was normal seeing as he is already attached. just have never seen a huge chunk like that. Thanks rock!

my little true black and white just did that and when you first glance at it you freak for a second but then you realize what it is.....

no worries at all

just don't bother him for a while

Archived