Cultivated Reef

ADA 60-F

gabe_j

yea so i bent some conduit to hold my lights till i have a chance to upgrade. thanks goes out to my boy, slagboy! thanks for that bender man i finally put it to use! my tank looks so much cleaner. all i need now is a mame overflow or some lily pipes.

sexy tank :P

got the ada bug after seeing this and rehypes ada 60-f. shallow tanks are so sexy. mine should be coming tomorrow.

what lights are you upgrading to?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol glad it was part of the inspiration! Rehype's tank is awesome! I was planning on getting a 4bulb tek light but I don't think that's happening so I may get a 4bulb wavepoint fixture it should balance out the added hieght to the current lights. And give me more color options later on too.

Honestly I'm surprised you found one of these tanks the importer for the us is local to me and they've been out for a while now.

Kinda it's a brs media reactor I'll post pics later on when I have a chance.

ALSO I GOT TANK OF THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER AT THE HOUSTON MARSHREEF.COM!!!! I'm so excited I'll post the tank review once it's posted!

just a full list of all the stuff in the tank at the moment. totall 87 different sp. enjoy

Clean Up Crew

1 Florida Cerith

1 Nassarus

3-5 Nerites

1 Astrea

1Turbo

2 Emerald Crabs

1 Serpent star

2 Blue Legged Hermits

2 Sexy Shrimp

2 Stomatellas

Fish

1 ORA Onyx Percula

1 Tank Breed Orange Percula

Corals...

Softies

Japanese Fruit Loops Zoas

Japanese Yellow Jackets Zoas

Gorilla Nipples Zoas

Blue Eyed Girl Palys

Armor of God Palys

Mean Green Zoas

Fire & Ice Zoa Morph

Faded Tubbs Blue Zoas

Misc Blue Palys

Tricolored Zoas not sure on the id.

Neon Yellow Zoas

Green Bay Packer Zoas

Blue and Green rimmed Florida Ricordea

Green Florida Ricordea

Red Mushroom

Green Star Polyp

LPS

15 Aussie Acanthastrea Lordhowensis

1 Indo Acanthastrea Lordhowensis

Micromussa Amakusensis

Lava Flow Chalice Echinopyllia

Bubble Gum Chalice Echinopyllia

2 Face Chalice Echinopyllia

Hollywood Stunner Chalice

War Paint Favia

2 Tricolor Favias

1 Unknown Favia

Dragon Soul Favia

Purple People Eater Blastomussa Merleti

Red/Green Blastomussa Welsi

Torch Coral

SPS

Green Montipora Capricornis

Red/Purple Montipora Undata

Purple Montipora Capricornis

Green Acropora sp.?

Yellow Turbina Scroll

Superman Monti

Sun Set Monti

Setsota

Poccilipora

FnF RedBug Monti

ORA Red Planet

Green Acropora Sp.?

i have it typed up and sent in for marsh to publish i just need some low res pics. sucks i gotta dumb down the resolution. yeah it was fun writing it all down.

oh man, this is awful..you've pretty much single handedly inspired my upgrade. i just saw these 60-f tanks and fell in love when i saw yours. its bad considering i'm getting an mp10 and will wait until christmas (when i have to move the tank again) to set the 60f up. i really have to figure out some way to get the lights up like you did, that looks great..my only problem is my tank goes on a desk so i don't know how that'd work out (4x24 fni fixture)

i guess imitation really is the best way of flattering :wub: gorgeous tank man!

quick question- do you really recommend the canister? i'm feeling cheap and don't really want to spend on more equipment if i don't have to..i have a silly ac20 for now:(

oh man, this is awful..you've pretty much single handedly inspired my upgrade. i just saw these 60-f tanks and fell in love when i saw yours. its bad considering i'm getting an mp10 and will wait until christmas (when i have to move the tank again) to set the 60f up. i really have to figure out some way to get the lights up like you did, that looks great..my only problem is my tank goes on a desk so i don't know how that'd work out (4x24 fni fixture)

i guess imitation really is the best way of flattering :wub: gorgeous tank man!

quick question- do you really recommend the canister? i'm feeling cheap and don't really want to spend on more equipment if i don't have to..i have a silly ac20 for now:(

Seriously dude thanks man its been a fast crazy ride with this tank would you believe this is my first sw tank and i started it in feb? lol i'm glad i could it was an inspiration to build your own! the lighting isn't bad to fix all you gotta do is bend some conduit and screw it to the side of the desk (2 screws to there's no twisting.) and you could go canister or media reactor. it is possible to run the tank with no filtration at all but you have to keep your bioload low enough not to become a problem. you've seen my tank so i pretty much have to run external filtration and i personally am not fond of sumps. i would like them if power outs weren't an issue but they are so i can't afford to have my tank drain out too much or over flow. i think i got my brs reactor for $43 shipped on a group buy. if you have any questions let me know , thanks for the complements again! have a good one man. btw the mp10 set up on this tank can create some serious flow.if you have it set right you can run 200x turn over. lol.

thats sick, mine is a morph of my first tank..have you tried sand in there? i imagine it'd be difficult especially with how shallow it is with an mp10. i like pink sand so i hope it doesn't go flying everywhere

interesting thoughts on the brs media reactor, i've never looked into those..i wonder if i can use it with sort of a utility pump that i can keep out of the tank (whenever i try to hide stuff it never seems to work). i'm really going for the absolute minimalist look but have a decent bioload for my size-WYG clown, clown goby +inverts.

i'm not absolutely positive how you even use those lol do you just put gfo or carbon in a filter sock and watch it work its magic? lol dunno, mag consider using steel lily pipes or something

how would i be able to bend the conduit? could they do it at a hardware store or something? i have to rig up something that can come with me when my tank is home or here at school

thanks again man

thats sick, mine is a morph of my first tank..have you tried sand in there? i imagine it'd be difficult especially with how shallow it is with an mp10. i like pink sand so i hope it doesn't go flying everywhere

i used to before the mp10 then i had an incident that made me drain and inspect my tank for leaks. so the sand just never went back in.

interesting thoughts on the brs media reactor, i've never looked into those..i wonder if i can use it with sort of a utility pump that i can keep out of the tank (whenever i try to hide stuff it never seems to work). i'm really going for the absolute minimalist look but have a decent bioload for my size-WYG clown, clown goby +inverts.

yeah man you can run it with an external pump... i've got some plans but for now its :ninja: so you'll have to wait and see.

i'm not absolutely positive how you even use those lol do you just put gfo or carbon in a filter sock and watch it work its magic? lol dunno, mag consider using steel lily pipes or something

yeah man you don't even need a filter sock its got foam pads that keep the media in place. i don't use gfo but i'll prolly set up for biopellets... damn 'trates... i'd go with maxijets utility pump if you plan on going with an external set up though so you don't have to worry about it leaking/over heating.

how would i be able to bend the conduit? could they do it at a hardware store or something? i have to rig up something that can come with me when my tank is home or here at school

easy borrow a conduit bender its not hard just flex a little. and you got your bends remember measure twice bend once. i was able to pull of 3 bends per piece of conduitit looks cool but i had to measure really carefully so they would be identical. good luck!

yes sir this is the first one ever! lol i'm still working on making it a bit cleaner looking, now its just asthetics. and opening up the floor a little bit. we'll see. :ninja:

jeremy, thanks man! its a lot of work! esp with the high clarity glass. its a good thing you don't see the turf algae i'm battleing right now. :lol:

Kinda it's a brs media reactor I'll post pics later on when I have a chance.

ALSO I GOT TANK OF THE MONTH FOR NOVEMBER AT THE HOUSTON MARSHREEF.COM!!!! I'm so excited I'll post the tank review once it's posted!

Just saw this post! TOTM? Awesome! Congrats! Can't wait to read up and see the pics on Marsh!

yes sir this is the first one ever! lol i'm still working on making it a bit cleaner looking, now its just asthetics. and opening up the floor a little bit. we'll see. :ninja:

jeremy, thanks man! its a lot of work! esp with the high clarity glass. its a good thing you don't see the turf algae i'm battleing right now. :lol:

haha thats one thing i was nervous about the ada. The tank itself is so clean and clear looking that when the glass gets only the slightest bit dirty my ocd will kick on and i will constantly be cleaning it haha

hence the bare bottom. extreme flow, i avarage around 140-170x turn over.i turn it down when i get new corals so they get used to it then back up it goes.

gallery_79_2_75987.jpg

gallery_79_2_166477.jpg

gallery_79_2_57825.jpg

just a few new corals to hit the tank. am i maxed out? you can bet your biscuits.

Did you get these from austin aqua farm? I swear I saw the same ones in there a few weeks ago.

Beautiful tank and the acans are amazing! Can you post some pictures of that colony in the lower right corner? How many heads is it and what did it cost you? I can't imagine having anything that huge!

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had a freak accident with my tank. Some how or another I got a chip on my glass so for the time being everything is in my 40 breeder so it looks like I'll be redoing the 60-f once I get it replaced. On a good note I just ordered a banging new clam it should be here either Friday or tuesday it just depends on shipping during thanksgiving hopefully I get it before the weekend

Archived