SaltCritters.com

ADA 60-F

gabe_j

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey man, thank! i got lazy and didn't feel like bothering with it. i know its nice but driving 6-7 hours to deliver myself isn't so bad you just lose a decent part of the day but hey it was all of $20 worth of gas to go and come back. hey if you see anything you like (minus that rainbow acan i'd be willing to frag) if you wanted some of that rainbow i can see if hes' got anymore next time i'm there. ugh i just noticed i really need to clean up my glass. that vortech sure does make a hell of a current.

• 2 weeks later...

Dang man. I love the Acans, there are some beautiful frags floating around at my LFS I just need to save up some cash. The rainbow frag is SICK! The new additions are looking nice too.

aww thanks folks! :wub: if i start running out of room i may put some of these up for sale.. but by the looks of my tank now i may not be able to tastefully arrange everything just right so i'll keep you guys updated.

anyone ever run a maxi jet 900 as an external pump to run a canister or reactor? i don't want to find out if its not water tight with water all over my carpet.

no disrespect to mr.c but no way.. man i got those from a local importer just some aussie rainbow acans, oh how i love them. i've got some other rainbows for sale so if you want some let me know. theres also 2 colonies i got that i need to update pics on and when i say colony mean HUGE so stay tuned.

i'm nameing those supermegadankskittlesh!tfacedrainbowacans 75 a head in like 6 months when i have enough to frag. lol

hey gsmsalty thanks for the link! i'm determined to get this to work the way i want.

yea so i bent some conduit to hold my lights till i have a chance to upgrade. thanks goes out to my boy, slagboy! thanks for that bender man i finally put it to use! my tank looks so much cleaner. all i need now is a mame overflow or some lily pipes.

day

1A1.jpg

night

1A2.jpg

the distance shot.

1A3.jpg

mobilehurricane

Awesome! I so wanna get my lights up a bit higher and even posted asking if anyone had successfully hung a 4x24 Nova Extreme, not much help. Is the fixture just resting on the conduit? I gotta admit I really like the look of it off the tank. Hope you post some results of the effects moving the light up several inches has on the corals...I feel like it would help mine out as a few of my zoas seem slightly bleached even after being moved to the shade on the sand.

i just set them up yesterday so its astill a bit early to tell. so we'll see what happens. and yea the lights are just sitting up there for now. if your running rimless you have to get that light off the tank to me thats the whole point of not having a rim is making it look like a floating block of water. honestly in person it just looks cool as sh!t espesially from across the room or in the kitchen, the water just seems to hover there.

Fantastic Gabe!!! Tank looks out of this world, especially the first shot that you posted. I can't wait to get my fixture hung as well as it just makes rimless tanks look that much better.

Still amazed at how small this tank really is. It looks HUGE with all of those coral colonies. Keep up the great work man.

-Adam

Archived