Coral Vue Hydros

ADA 60-F

gabe_j

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And I'm getting some sweet favia a good 70 heads green with blue eyes and purple rims oh so nice... I'll be going out to pick it up this weekend and mabe some cherry picked corals

thanks guys, the only thing i have against it would be that turn up too much flow starts sliding things across the bottom. the flow coming out of an mp10 past 75% can be pretty rediculous.

i just wish i could figure out how i could get the color to come out better on that last shot. those acans are a good 3-4 shades of purple and lavender its wild but it won't reproduce on my camera.

ok ok well the acan's are mostly my wife's picks i've picked a few but that is her hands down favorite coral hence the 10 varieties in the tank. but thank you. i'm surprised how fast you can fill up a tank. over the course of the 7 months my tank has been running.

yeah dickie i'm still wondering how i crammed so much cash in that little tank. and to think i've got a colony coming in and i'm hopfully checking out some stuff a local importer got yesterday. so i may frag some of that stuff to keep funding my addiction..i'll let you know if your interested because there will more than likely be frags to come outta this little guy much sooner than later.

lol i'm willing whenever your new tank is up, bro. i'm sure we can work something out!

Oh its set up, I just have a few things I need to finish on it first (namely live rock and bulbs) before I put any new coral into it.

But we're having our wedding in two weeks, so there should be a bit of extra money after that.... ;)

nice tank!

i'm considering upgrading to this tank and was wondering if they make a top for the tank to keep the fish from jumping? or perhaps someone has fabricared one from their own materials? either way, i'm curious to know.

yes they make tops but they are way over priced! it is ada but still. i made one of plexiglass. after a i had a jumper... then i had a second one jump cuz i had the lid off to help the surface skimmer do its job. but if you make one exactly 60 cm wide and 30 cm front to back you can use a mill or router if your good with one to trim 5 mm worth of the acrylic from the edge and only go about 1 mm down into the plastic so you leave a nice recess for the lid to hang into the tank cut out your notches for any plumbing to fit in. and all you need to do is sand and flame polish and your done.

nah screw sand! it just gets in the way of HIGH FLOW! lol if my math is right at 50% on my vortech thats 100x turnover. more recently i've been cranking up around 80-90% so thats up around 160-170x turnover. sand wouldn't stay very still. and well i'm working on the light i need to get some conduit bent. but i'm lazy and busy with work. i also need a better way to connect my brs media reactor which is awesome btw but eventually i'll have an ADA that looks like an ADA is supposed to.

more pics for anyone paying attn to this tank thread.

gallery_79_2_30432.jpg

gallery_79_6_11561.jpg

gallery_79_6_17598.jpg

gallery_79_2_27558.jpg

gallery_79_2_44817.jpg

gallery_79_2_77548.jpg

gallery_79_2_25685.jpg

gallery_79_2_55448.jpg

gallery_79_2_33134.jpg

gallery_79_2_38378.jpg

the latest FTS

gallery_79_7_4638.jpg

enjoy looking, leave complements, or concerns.. eitherway say something.

aussie importer!!! fairly local to me (in texas local is within 5 hours drive! lol) dude i got those mabe a week after they were brought in! the mother colony was around $$1500 i so wanted it it would have looked amazing! but i lack that kind of cash flow right now. and besides what would i do with 100+ head of rainbow acans like that?!

i plan on going back once i more some of these favias and blastos i need more acan colonies! i want a tank full! and some sticks ofcourse!

Archived