Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

40B Black sand Acan and torch heavy reef.

boosted chemist

boosted chemist
Very nice! Water next?

No way lol, paint the interior and stain the exterior. Then i gotta repaint the tank, drill for glass-holes kits.

Then i will switch it over and start building canopy.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
boosted chemist
Looking great!.I Like the blue background and the stand looks great also

what type of lighting are you gonna use on the 40B?

Im going to use my current t5 sundial for now, but since i lost a picasso due to carpet swiming and HATE how the light pores out of the top of the tank, i plan on building a canopy. In which im going to use tek 4x39 retrofit and 6 RB leds for moon light goodness.

Nice Kawasaki. Z-1 right?

Thanks that is my roomates 83 shadow 750, this is my slut

Motorcycle002.jpg

08 600rr

And since we are on the topic, the car under the blue cover, my baby girl

IMG_20110717_112450.jpg

bay.jpg

450 whp

My research went well. I am back from Peru and Germany now. Your 40B build is looking awesome! Get that thing done asap!

As for the LEDs, if you are planning on staying with acans and softies/lps, I would totally go with total LEDs if I were you. Just my opinion.

IMG_20110717_112450.jpg

bay.jpg

450 whp

this car killed my best friend in high school. he had it all hopped up and weight reduced and it took flight into a telephone pole on his way to my house. still cool though for a ricer. that Honda shadow looks just like the front end of our z-1. that's crazy. so no Kawasaki then.

boosted chemist

Sorry about your buddy, mine doesnt see much rain or shine lol, I just enjoy building it, kinda like reef tanks, its not the final product but hte process IMO.

Hey socaldude, why go leds? Its seems alot of acans end up bleaching out from what ive seen.

boosted chemist

new addition, i have a ton of astrae and brittle stars, i think some are munching zoa (WTF), so i bought them a little frined (i plan on getting a chocolate for the sump soon)

01720485.jpg

boosted chemist

Got the stand primered on the inside, next is paint and finish the ext, should be a couple weeks till its done!

Some LPS Pron

torches

aa973735.jpg

23fd531b.jpg

I love my orange torch

happy endingz growing

facaef13.jpg

51c1226f.jpg

And a new acan i picked up this weekend

9e515724.jpg

Im going to use my current t5 sundial for now, but since i lost a picasso due to carpet swiming and HATE how the light pores out of the top of the tank, i plan on building a canopy. In which im going to use tek 4x39 retrofit and 6 RB leds for moon light goodness.

Thanks that is my roomates 83 shadow 750, this is my slut

Motorcycle002.jpg

08 600rr

IMG_20110717_112450.jpg

bay.jpg

450 whp

That car makes 450 Hp Naturally aspirated? B18c4?

boosted chemist

9:1 cp pistons manely rods benson sleeved 81mm 1.6l b16a, B16a head itr cams supertech valves and portflow springs, fullrace manifold, tial gate and BOV, gsr hydro tranny, quaife lsd, exedy twin disk clutch, gt30r.

Judging by the ramhorn exhaust mani and what looks to be an external wastegate, I would have to say turbo charged. ;)

aha... didn't see the waste-gate at first. The exhuast mani had me thinking but the intake piping looked like a cold air. Now i see the turbo. ;)

My car in highschool was a 1995 Acura Integra GSR w/ a B18C and a T3/T4. I wasn't putting down that much though.. that #### has to fly!

• 3 weeks later...
Hey socaldude, why go leds? Its seems alot of acans end up bleaching out from what ive seen.

There are some locals here on the central coast that use AI sols for their scolys and acans and they look sick. They have been under then for like 5 months or something. Seems to work well for them. I think a lot of coral bleaching involved with LEDs is either crappy LEDs or underestimating their power and turning them up too high too fast.

boosted chemist

stand is all painted inside, i had to make a new door due to one being warped. By the end of this weekend, it should be sanded and ready for a coat of stain.

Im moving way too slow these days.

boosted chemist

Stand is finally done, minus finish sanding and some putty touch up.

d6cc9097.jpg

2caa8688.jpg

Also picked up a new picasso, two new rainbows and 2 head of red hornets. :happy:

Archived