Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

40B Black sand Acan and torch heavy reef.

boosted chemist

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am too!!! Your tank looks great, I love all the color. I prefer the 20gL to the high for what it's worth. I have a 20gL and it's so full of rock/stuff that my poor fish have limited swimming room. I like how open your tank is. :happydance:

boosted chemist

Glad to see people still are in here. Thinking of getting rid of my clown fish, the female is almost 2" and is too big for this little tank. Not to mention they pick on my manderine like crazy, and attack me everytime i go in my tank :angry:

I have 2 black clowns in my tank. About a month ago, the bigger of the two started seriously attacking the smaller. I was so angry at 'Madigan' for going after 'Fergus'. I drilled holes in one of those clear hang on the tank thingys, caught her and put her in timeout for 24 hours. She learned her lesson and has been a good girl ever since. :lol:

boosted chemist
I have 2 black clowns in my tank. About a month ago, the bigger of the two started seriously attacking the smaller. I was so angry at 'Madigan' for going after 'Fergus'. I drilled holes in one of those clear hang on the tank thingys, caught her and put her in timeout for 24 hours. She learned her lesson and has been a good girl ever since. :lol:

I love them but the one is just too big for my little 20l, i think its time to move on for them. Maybe a time out in the sump is called for

• 2 weeks later...

Very sorry to hear about it. Hopefully you will be able to come back bigger and better and that your enthusiasm for the hobby isn't gone.

• 2 months later...
boosted chemist
So what is going on here? Did you end up getting a new tank or not? I noticed your new thread is broken. Update!

Yes got a new tank, its doing well. Im going to redo my thread in the next few weeks, been uber busy with school tbh. Hows your academic adventures?

• 3 weeks later...
boosted chemist

So the 40b begins, Back ground, i went 29 with black hawaii sand, not happy with the direction of the buid, so im starting fresh (29 is running)

The stand begins

First start with frame for top and bottom (2x4)

76b98259.jpg

Then build supports (1x3 poplar)

aff2df33.jpg

cb7e1f41.jpg

Then top and plywood and tank

6e1bb24c.jpg

498869b7.jpg

ec176fae.jpg

The sides where made from plywood i had lying around, this afternoon im picking up some 1/2 birch for the sides.

Also for the light I will be constructing a canopy with 4x39 tek retro and 6 cree led for accent lighting.

The stand is not even close to finished, It will have doors and be painted white inside and black outside (looks rough now)

Builder Anthony

I dont know ive had leds for the first time and i really didnt like the results i had with acans with these lights.Its was the first time i had acans and i meesed up two of them tryen to take them off the frag plugs.The one i have now isnt in direct light of the leds and is doing fine so i dont put it in dierct light.I think the flourestents are a better option and i like the look of the light on the tank better with them.The only thing is leds are cheaper.Overall i dont like leds so much even though some corals do good under them.I have a regular flourestent and my acans really puff up nice under them.I think its a safer light for them.

boosted chemist
I dont know ive had leds for the first time and i really didnt like the results i had with acans with these lights.Its was the first time i had acans and i meesed up two of them tryen to take them off the frag plugs.The one i have now isnt in direct light of the leds and is doing fine so i dont put it in dierct light.I think the flourestents are a better option and i like the look of the light on the tank better with them.The only thing is leds are cheaper.Overall i dont like leds so much even though some corals do good under them.I have a regular flourestent and my acans really puff up nice under them.I think its a safer light for them.

Im starting to agree from what i see, maybe do a rapid led 6 cree rb setup with a dimmer for sunset.

boosted chemist

covered the sides in 1/2" birch

a1713657.jpg

started painting the back of hte breeder in blue, followed by black

a8f57272.jpg

and a quick shot of hte 29, i love that black sand.

21f77f8c.jpg

boosted chemist

]d66da9fa.jpg

The door on the right isn't hung yet, so don't mind the gap. Next i need to sand and stain this weekend, I'm happy with the results thus far.

Archived