Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

LivingStrong's Sexy Solana XL67!

LivingStrong08

LivingStrong08

I wish you all could see the true beauty of this in person.. But this is in complete darkness and EVERY CORAL glows with the Actinics on... AMAZING...

FTSActinic.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LivingStrong08

Soooo I am so happy with what I decided to do while my wifey is away on a business trip!

I pulled out the ol’ camera and started playing with settings and shutter, balance, etc on the camera. I have to say, I am absolutely pleased with the results!!!

I took pictures with pure Halides (No Actinic Supplementation) and others with just the Add on LED Actinic. This is the closet that I have been able to get to what I actually see in my tank.

So first:

FTS no Actinic

SolanaFTSNoAtinics.jpg

Acan Garden no Actinic

AcanGardennoAtinic.jpg

Cool Picture of my Coral Garden (Left side only)

CoralGardenNoActinic.jpg

Zoa Garden, with Joe the Coral.. I moved him to high, lowered, and he is coloring up in a matter of days. No Actinic

ZoaGardenNoAtinic.jpg

Green Bay’s, Bam Bam’s, Candy Apple Red’s, and a I am not sure on small colony next to the Green Bay’s… Any idea’s? No Actinic

GBBamBamNoActinic.jpg

Left Front, no Actinic

LeftFRNTNoAtinics.jpg

Fungi Plate, with Aussie Acan, etc. no actinic

PlateFungiNoAtinic.jpg

Shrooms, no Actinic

ShroomsShroomsnShrooms.jpg

BamBam’s Actinic Only

BamBamsActinic.jpg

Darth Maul, African Steel Blues, and what I like to call “Planet Orange” Zoa’s (They are Purple and Orange…Suns colors.)

DarthMaulActinic.jpg

Eagle Eyes Actinic Only

EagleEyeActinicOnly.jpg

Zoa, Rics, pure Actinic

ZoaRicsPureActinic.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
LivingStrong08

Few new pics!

New Happy Couple, one yawning, lol..

dbd180f0.jpg

Helfrichs Fun! 

1674d023.jpg

Sweet Green

9cd026de.jpg

the Rabi sayin ello'

b43d2849.jpg

The Rabi TO'd

66784ca4.jpg

Intro Alice, the Blonde Naso

bde6f1cc.jpg

The Grouch

2ddf349a.jpg

Sweeeeeeeeet...

2eaef318.jpg

LivingStrong08
This build is looking B.A.

Thanks! I think so as well!

i love my LED actinics. I can tell YOU love them as well. haaha

Awesome man, awesome.

Yea bro, the actinic are off the chain! as u know pics do no justice! My colors and fish just pop out!!! Insane!

Looking great.

Thanks!!

Cool skimmer pic,

But you need to adjust it.

Im not a fan for rimless but i gotta say that tank looks dope!

Lol, that skimmer pic was taken on day one in the tank, it's been adjusted to break at the neck. Good advice though, someone would be emptying their skim cup daily!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
LivingStrong08

Sorry for the delay! Things have been great with the tank! My RBTA's are insane! I have five total. Two are close to. 10" - 12" and the. The other three are about 5"-6" total.

Sorry I know the tank is a little dirty.

33e9cf9c.jpg

c65df562.jpg

af77f771.jpg

b0db6cd0.jpg

b56bc808.jpg

LivingStrong08

Few more pictures:

Rics:

c0691e6f.jpg

My Picasso's in their RBTA, I actuall confirmed tonight that I have five total from this one. My clowns are about 2.5-3" so the RBTA is a good size:

5a9626ff.jpg

Another:

6549939b.jpg

113c6ede.jpg

b7ebadc2.jpg

GSP rock:

f376b2a2.jpg

From the right:

018ecb3e.jpg

f78aa482.jpg

LivingStrong08

I have recieved a few requests for the bottom sump area. I will take when I get home. :)

Right now, we are debating on what's still missing. Any suggestions? No SPS, i don't dose, and I dont think I am going to do a reactor on this bad boy.

For those wondering what happen to my extensive collection of Acans, the RBTA's happened. :( When I was in Kauai, my RBTA split, and both decided to move, killing everything, and I mean everything in their paths.

I think I may buy my first Acan soon, wounds are still deep. :)

:P

LivingStrong08
Looks great, bro! I'd like to see a full tank shot! (including your light fixture)

Will do man, I think I have one on my phone now that I can post. :)

I am running the 48" Current Sunpod 250 x 2 HQI w/Phoenix 14k bulbs and Evils Sunpod Actinics that still rock most actinic set up's today. I am so glad I bought these bad boys!!! :)

LivingStrong08

These were a few FTS that I took last week or so with my iphone 4s. I need to pull out my good camera and take some better pics. :)

2322df29.jpg

7b126067.jpg

LivingStrong08
Nice job, coming from an SPS-kind of guy! I see you went DSB, any worries of a crash?

Awesome. It's tuff for sps lovers to even recognize softie tanks, so thanks! :)

I went with a DSB and love it, I will admit that it definitely creates extra work, but some gobies and my wrasses Love to sleep it!

I'm actually wanting to add SPS, however I don't dose and I need a reactor first, I'm trying to get good Suggestions on maybe something that won't break may pocket book to much, hahaha!

LivingStrong08
Tank looks great Timmy. Did you get rid of the naso? You still like the SWC? Those actinics are crazy son.

Sup homie! Now i just need some diverse leathers and if I can figure out a economical way tO properly grow sps I will. :)

I got ride of the Naso, he was a mean mutha. :(

U

I am getting some more Rics today as well. ;) should be a great start to a RC garden.

Chat soon. I think I see nem In ur future! Lol.

• 1 month later...

Archived