Coral Vue Hydros

LivingStrong's Sexy Solana XL67!

LivingStrong08

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LivingStrong08

Lol, the debate is really on... Just have to decide.. I think my family would really enjoy a couple bsj's over no frame. Lol

LivingStrong08

Hahahaha, on the NR family.. Ya'll got love to...

Thanks, the rock work is looking pretty cool with some algea growing all over it. :)

Everything is moving along nicely!

Still looking for my CPR Fuge!!!

This is one sweet tank with elegance from current, I was trying to find if anyone had it but with no luck til now, will definitely tag along.

Are the 2 ATO bottles big enough to hold several days of evaporation? Can you show some picture under the table?

Wish my apartment had more space....

Hahahaha, on the NR family.. Ya'll got love to...

Thanks, the rock work is looking pretty cool with some algea growing all over it. :)

Everything is moving along nicely!

Still looking for my CPR Fuge!!!

LivingStrong08

Yea, Current gives 4 bottles for ATO.. IMO, this is an area of oppertunity with the system. I still will be adding a resevoir with my JbB ATO to the tank. :) Once my wire management is done (which hopefully will be this week) I will snap many pic underneath. :)

LivingStrong08

New pics!!

Tank is coming along verrry nice!!

Check it! :

Iphonesolana.jpg

b50b5441.jpg

due to the nasty algea, lol added a fantastic rabbit to clean tank... Wow! Anyway gabby decided if we will keep him/her yet

solanaifish.jpg

sorry all pics are from my iPhone

thanks!!

I just received the same tank yesterday. One of my doors got damaged so hopefully I can get it replaced quickly. couple questions for you. I was going to change out sump and get a sump with a fuge and also add skimmer. Are you using the sump current provided or did you change it out. If not what fuge are you going to use. Also, is an MP-40 to much? You and I are the only folks I've seen with this tank!! I will be following your thread.

Chad

LivingStrong08

So sorry for the delay! I just started a new position at work, and am battling major back issues... I have surgery on Friday for the back, and I am hoping all will go well. :)

Sorry about the door, I am sure they will be quick and responsive. I actually kept the sump, and added a CPR small hang on fuge that fits and works like dream. My sump is full right now with my AWESOME SWC Skimmer which I totally recommend!! I will take some pics soon, as my set-up is very very close to being done component wise.. I just have a few more ports for my RK, I def need to install my chiller as the tank is running hot right now... bout 84 with glass lids... So I have the 1/10 current..

But I will add pics soon.

Any other questions?

You will love the tank!!! It’s amazing!!

Tim

:lol:

I just received the same tank yesterday. One of my doors got damaged so hopefully I can get it replaced quickly. couple questions for you. I was going to change out sump and get a sump with a fuge and also add skimmer. Are you using the sump current provided or did you change it out. If not what fuge are you going to use. Also, is an MP-40 to much? You and I are the only folks I've seen with this tank!! I will be following your thread.

Chad

I have the SWC skimmer as well. I have new sump arriving tomorrow and plan to set the tank up this friday. I'll post some pics next week and keep you posted. I have had the tank sitting in my family room for 2 weeks now and can't wait to get her running. I picked up about 60 pounds of LR from my LFS. Also, I went with 2 MP10es with a battery backup.

Wow just seeing your tank makes me want to buy the same! I really love the aquascape, what did you use to get it all to stick together?

LivingStrong08
I have the SWC skimmer as well. I have new sump arriving tomorrow and plan to set the tank up this friday. I'll post some pics next week and keep you posted. I have had the tank sitting in my family room for 2 weeks now and can't wait to get her running. I picked up about 60 pounds of LR from my LFS. Also, I went with 2 MP10es with a battery backup.

Chad,

Bro, sorry I have been a bit busy but I will get pics SOON! Everything is working smooth with the hang on fuge, SWC Cone 160, BRS dual reactors, RK PC's etc etc... At latest this weekend. :) I think I mentioned but I had back surgery on Friday, and am I workaholic, so it's been work and rest lol!! However the chiller is in much need of install with the new 2010 Vortech battery backup of for the MP10 and 20. :) I think u and i must think quite a like! :)

Wow just seeing your tank makes me want to buy the same! I really love the aquascape, what did you use to get it all to stick together?

Lol.. I highly recommended the tank!! :) It is amazing in person... like whoa! :) The rock work, takes time... First I was very picky about the LR (didn't by any rock from peeps that were bouncing from the hobby) so no pests.. I actually haven't seen anything bad yet. :)

Then... lots of planning, beer, acrylic rods 1/4" or 3/8", masonry bits, beer, and drilling into the LR.. Patients and finding the right rock to drill is key, so will break, crack etc.. Patients tho.. big time...

Since I am planning a BSJ pair (hopefully) or just a BSJ, all rock work is down to the glass.. Oh also zip ties as well! Did i mention patients?

LivingStrong08
Everything looks awesome man I love the Scape. I would love to see this in person sometime. Your kinda making me want to upgrade :P

If you split the shipping on them frags it would be easiest to have them sent to me, cuz of my back surgery.. Then you can take a look then. :)

If you split the shipping on them frags it would be easiest to have them sent to me, cuz of my back surgery.. Then you can take a look then. :)

Sounds good I will see you then!

LivingStrong08

Man, I have been slacking....

Back update: Sux... Epidurals two weeks ago helped a bit... pulled me from pain scale of 1 - 10 from 15 to 10... Have a nother set schedualed next week... So I am still on crutches and unable to do a lot that I want...

The Solana is doing awesome!!!!

RKL is all set up, skimmer in, chiller in, Reactors, CPR Fuge installed, also picked up a 4 stage RO/DI so I can finally start making my own water etc. :) I am going to have to put in garage tho, however imm make a custom resevoir for thr DI water in the wall closet, it will be out of site, but be easy enough for me to keep filled.

Cycle over, half CUC in there and i have a Huge order coming in tomorrow from L.A. I also splurged on a ORA Pearlberry out of the Collectors Corner as the very first coral for the Sexy Solana, so stocked! :)

:lol:

That tank is simply perfect- I love the aquascape!- That is the tank i want for my new house. I have a 34G Solana and love it- that 67is excellent- please more pictures

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
LivingStrong08

Hey All,

Sorry for the HUGE delay, I have many pics, I just had a few minutes to upload a few… Things have been crazy with work, and my back. *However things are all in the super positive* As always I credit our Heavenly Father. 

Most these pics were taken with the Actinic’s on. I hope you like, I will post more through the week, when I get time. 

Random BSJ Shot, with iPhone:

BlueSpot.jpg

Clowns getting fat in their new home. 

Babiesinhome1.jpg

Kinda ugly shot of BSJ, but this is his Den.

BSJDenActinic.jpg

Wifey’s lavender and yellow maze brain.. Awesome!!

CansBrainCoralActinic.jpg

Some Acans

AcansActinic.jpg

Wifey’s Purple, Pink, and Blue Fungi Plate

CansFungaiPlate.jpg

Wifey’s Bubble Coral (this thing is HUGE, when we bought a long time ago, this thing had like 5 bubbles!

CansBubbleCoralActinic.jpg

With moons Actinic’s ONLY:

PureActinicBubbleCoral.jpg

Green Bay’s Pure Actinic

GreenBayPackersActinic.jpg

Purple Deaths, Nuc Green, African Blue Steals, Crystal Death P’s closed.

IMG_1034.jpg

ORA shelf only: : L to R: Bellina, Pearlberry, procillipora, Green Birdsnest

ORAShelf.jpg

Right side shot

RandomShotSeeBSJ.jpg

Mid to Right

RightShotORAShelf.jpg

Some Softies:

SoftieShot.jpg

Archived