inTank Media Baskets

tyty's Miami Beach Biotope with Ocean View

tyty

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
johnmaloney
Well, it looks like the inverts flipped the script on the Hairy Blenny... The serpent star grabbed the Blenny and made a meal of him this morning. I think the serpent star may be evicted from this tank soon.

I suppose they look a bit like a mohawk:

IMG_3329.jpg

I made it out today before the storm and caught some new Sgt Majors and a few other things...

oops, you already got ideas on those...

looks like a freckled sea hare

• 3 weeks later...
Updates?

I had to stay out of the water for a couple weeks because I had LASIK, so nothing new for now.

Curly Joe Reefer

cool tank. I was thinking of setting something similar up. I wish I was still down in that area so I could wade out and get stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

New ricordea and old pistol shrimp that came as a hitchhiker on my live rock. I've been trying to get a picture of this guy for months, he decided to come out to pick at a ricordea that I just put in the tank.

IMG_3626.jpg

New Rock anemone

IMG_3603.jpg

Sergeant major damsels, ricordea, favia, sally lightfoot crab. I finally had two sergeant major damsels survive long enough to grow too big for the chalk bass to eat. One of them has tripled in size in just a couple of weeks.

IMG_3617.jpg

An anemone decided to split, now I have two of them

IMG_3614.jpg

IMG_3610.jpg

Yellow sea whip from Sea Life Inc is still doing great, had it for a couple months now.

IMG_3604.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
bhskicker18

I've been wanting to set up a 75 gallon tank with a Pinfish, a Pigfish, and maybe a Silver Sand Trout. This just makes me want to even more. Too bad I can't afford it lol. But I think its neat how you put what you catch in your tank, to me that would make it even more special.

thesmallerthebetter

just now saw this thread :P

awsome tank man, lovin the biotope theme :)

thought maybe i cud help with a few things. the barnacle appears to be a Lepas sp. of some kind, and the "mystery fish" looks like a bluefish or similar species of jack-like fish.

great tank again man, makes me want to finish collecting parts for my Pacific coast biotope :P

Thanks for all of the comments.

The pistol shrimp is really hard to get good pics of, but here is another OK one

IMG_3660-1.jpg

New rock/flower anemone (makes 2 in the tank now)

IMG_3665.jpg

At least one of the sea hare eggs that I had a few months ago survived. I saw a small clone of the sea hare I had.

One of the sergeant major damsels has turned into a bully and constantly chases the smaller sergeant major around the tank. If it starts to chase the other fish, I'm afraid his days in the tank will be numbered....

thought maybe i cud help with a few things. the barnacle appears to be a Lepas sp. of some kind

In that case, coral banded shrimp eat Lepas sp... :o it didn't even make it 24 hours

That Rock Anemone is sweet!

Thanks, first order from reefs2go.com and I couldn't be happier with the quality of the livestock they sent and the packaging. They even included airline tubing for acclimation and an ice pack. The only fish I ordered didn't make it, but I don't think it was for lack of care in packaging and I'm confident that they will resolve the minor problem. I ordered from there since they have free shipping to FL.

Woo! I just ordered from them and received everything in great shape too...the only thing that they didn't send was a pom pom crab I had on my order, but everything else made it perfect!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived