Top Shelf Aquatics

got2envy's 40g long macroalgae " Welcome To The Jungle" tank

got2envy

animalmaster6
I have a couple small nems, asterina stars, mini brittle stars, small feather dusters...I sure I am missing some :unsure:

I want some cleaner shrimp, peppermint shrimp, porcelain crab..a nice star fish.

Sand-Sifting Star? They are awesome! Linkias are also great.

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok pix with the tank topped off...only cause I am OCD like dat lol

P1010010-39.jpg

P1010007-42.jpg

and organism's macro really likes PC's..it is finally coloring up blue B)

P1010003-47.jpg

P1010009-39.jpg

going to the LFS's today and see what I see.. :ninja:

Hot dam! look at the yumas I gotz :o

Pink and yellow

P1010004-46.jpg

P1010006-45.jpg

P1010008-36.jpg

P1010004-46.jpg

actinics only...make my other ricordia look dull by comparison...

P1010006-46.jpg

P1010011-32.jpg

P1010010-38.jpg

aaaand this mixed rock.

I counted 8 zoa & paly morphs, a trumpet coral and a large clove polyp that is closed in the pic -_-

P1010016-29.jpg

yumas and mixed rock is still po'ed... I took the pix about an hour after placing in the tank

It was a happy LFS day. No fishies yet...I almost got a Sargassum file fish, but don't know much about file fish in general...there was also a nice little Fu man chu lion fish, but I dunno if that is the route i wanna take yet lol

B)

Thanks guys!

the tank is 48L x 13W x 16H so it is a shorter standard 55g

It was an awesome looking fishy , but I have learned not to buy anything as a splurge unless I know something about it...learned the hard way on that one <_<

Awesome new Yumas.

Don't know if you saw the recent thread on this, but apparently Yumas do much better long-term if you light acclimate them by keeping them in deep shade and only gradually move them out as they start to strecth for the light.

Squirrlygirl started the thread, it's pretty interesting.

Nemo Niblets
I know! I have never owned one and saw this one polyp at the LFS a while back...$4 :)

It has a nice green circle surrounding the mouth with the actinics only.

I have seen these get HUGE!!

Thanks DBT!

Feed it!

Awesome tank, where did you get all that sweet macro?

all over lol..I got most of it from members here on NR B)

Feed it!

:lol:

Looks great Maria :)

Thanks! haven't seen u in a while :happy:

I am going to LFS today to look at fishies

Yeah kinda been on a hiatus, school and kids keeping me busy. Kinda missing the hobby, I still need to finish setting up my 40 gallon it's been sitting in the living room empty since nov lol. My 20 gallon finally turned 1 year old but it hasn't been getting the love it deserves, i'm sure this summer i'll have plenty of free time to get the ball rolling again. Your tanks are always a great inspiration :)

Aww! Thanks :)

can't wait to see that 40 set up :P I gotta check out your 20 thread.

So reading up on dwarf lionfish, I think this will be my first predator tank :scarry:

Lionfish in a Caribbean tank! A statement on the introduction of non-native species into the caribbean environment?

After thinking about it for awhile, I decided to put a Tubastrea in my jetties tank. When I first went diving in the Keys I saw Tubastrea on all the pilings and assumed they were native, found out later they weren't.

Recently I saw an article on cleaning lionfish for eating (apparently very good) since there's no closed season on them in the Bahama's. Wonder how long before we see them for sale in a restaurant, "rebadged" as roosterfish or something so they won't be associated with the poisonous-spined lionfish. Let's have a contest to name them to something that sounds really appetizing!

Good luck with him. I've wondered where exactly they come from since they seem to only recently have been introduced but don't cost $1000. Very pretty little things.

My dad had lion fish a looooooong time ago. Too bad he was in the military and couldnt take then with him overseas. Personally I find my tank to be a predator tank. My stupid blenny bites my hand all the time <_< . Scares the pee out of me still :blush: .

Oh yea M, did you see the pic I posted for you over in my thread?

Cool! I've always liked lion fish. I took my little sister and grandma into a lfs the other day and they were looking at one[presumably for my 10 gallon nano]! and little sis wanted "A Dory!". Haha, anyway, a lion fish would/will look fantastic in that tank! Any other fish plans?

I know I tried to keep it Caribbean lol I guess it has turned ore into a mix macro :P

I have seen the Lion fish snorkeling off over in Ft.lauderdale...sad sight :(

I would like a fuzzy and a Fu man chu. I am reading up to see what can co exist with these small killers haha

I still have my royal gramma in their and don't want it to be lunch.

What do you guys and gals suggest?

Thanks! you peeps rock!

:scurrying to opy's thread:

:scurrying back from opy's thread: That right there was funny :lol:

ok so a great info link to anyone interested in Lionfish

Lionfish info sheet- Reefkeeping magazine

Archived