inTank Media Baskets

got2envy's 40g long macroalgae " Welcome To The Jungle" tank

got2envy

Needreefunds

Geez, I am outta the loop for a bit for surgery and you sneak another sweet tank in on me huh?

Beautiful Maria, simply beautiful. Love it. :)

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maria, why does everyone in WL have a Star Wars av?

I dunno...cause WL is crazy lol :lol:

Geez, I am outta the loop for a bit for surgery and you sneak another sweet tank in on me huh?

Beautiful Maria, simply beautiful. Love it. :)

Thanks Richie! Sneaky I am :ninja:

photowithflash.jpg

Oh..thanks gena! I will take a looksey

Bamato- he still hides all day :(

I am hoping that he comes out during the day soon so I can get a good pic...also he ate frozen twice and he hasn't wanted any so I ended up buying some more glass shrimp cause I flt bad that he hadn't eaten in a few days...I am a sucka lol

How often are you feeding? All my scorps eat every third day, ie monday, thursday, sunday, wednesday, etc... Sometimes they may get a small treat on an off day if they beg so much that I cave in... How big is he? What frozen did you feed him? How did you feed him?

He ate the second day i had him...I cut a krill in 2 pieces and he ate it off of a kabob stick (I rounded the edges) I then tried everyday after that and he just was not interested...I tried silversides as well. After 3 days of no eating I bought him some more grass shrimp.

Should I let him go a few days again without eating? I tried at night as well when the lights were out.

he is about 3.5"

haha I thought u would like that one :D

ok pix of the tank...no pix of my Fu...he still is not coming out during the day :(

The left side

P1010003-48.jpg

"Squishy" is on the macro now..Squishy 2 is M.I.A. somewhere in the tank

P1010009-41.jpg

fern caulerpa is purdy and a fast grower!

P1010012-30.jpg

The middle of tank

P1010014-37.jpg

P1010016-30.jpg

P1010017-27.jpg

The right side...it is the dark side :lol: this where the Fu and Royal gramma share a cave lol

P1010019-22.jpg

My K2 has now picked up random pieces of macro...It also has very hard to get LE GHA

P1010024-23.jpg

the K1 with blue scrolling macro...growing. It loves alot of light to get the blue color.

P1010007-43.jpg

AOG's from brshriver a looong time ago and some orange speckled ones that I ink are purdy

P1010032-11.jpg

I also got these cool ass fuzzy chitons from John (reefcleaners.com) for FREE at the PBMAS swap ;) cool critters they are!

P1010028-25.jpg

FTS

P1010040-11.jpg

P1010001-62.jpg

everything is growing...like weeds :happydance:

I will be trimming very soon.

M

Looks awesome.

I have not really tried the caulerpa algae because I was told at the LFS that it could go asexual and foul the tank.

How do you keep it and is there something you can do to keep it from doing this? Are there only certain ones that do this?

I have yet to see any go A sexual..I believe that the grape (racemosa) caulerpa is the one more likeley to do this as well as the prolifera..I just keep an eye on it and prune the leaves that look like they are turning white or have spots...this is a clue that it may go A sexual.

The caulerpa is a realllly fast grower if you look at the time frame from the last pix I posted and when I transferred everything from my 10g

I would never add caulerpa to a reef display tank like my 29g or my 125g...altho my tangs would prob eat it all haha

I have a little piece of the purple macro left..my snails and hermits took a fancy to it <_<

I dose Parts A and B, live phyto and Reef Plus every other day.

So awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol We need more pics!!!

will do! give me a few minutes to take a few more :P

Ok random pix I just took hot off the press for my buddeh animal :happy:

corky finger and rusty gorgonians

P1010001-63.jpg

Racemosa floating

P1010002-60.jpg

Star coral and porites from my other buddeh yardboy

P1010009-42.jpg

P1010008-39.jpg

Codium from my buddeh needreeferfunds

P1010012-31.jpg

Blue scroll coral from organism

P1010013-32.jpg

purple sponge

P1010014-38.jpg

red spotted macro from organism and my hitchiker Halimeda

P1010015-32.jpg

The reason racemosa is called grape algae

P1010016-31.jpg

Ricordia fl

P1010017-28.jpg

Yumas, rics and red gracileria

P1010018-20.jpg

and a fuzzy chiton :)

P1010019-23.jpg

:happy:

this tank is looking awesome. it must be fun to watch everything grow.

It is! I can't really see the growth until I look back at the pix :huh:

Thanks for stopping in my thread!

edit- in all my pix and schtuff I forgot to add that I bought a small snowflake eel a few days back...now this guy eats like a pig!! sorry best pic I could get for now...

P1010003-49.jpg

Looks amazing I really like the tank alot. Also don't ya just love that lil fuzzy chiton I have 2 in my 75 named Fuzzy and Wuzzy. Just ordered 4 more. 2 more for the 75 and 2 for the 30. We play a game here who can spot Fuzzy or Wuzzy first.

They are so cool! I asked John all kinds of questions when he gave them to me only because if they ate macro I would have put them in another one of my tanks...I love them in here cause they stay out in the open all the time...the larger one has been on the back glass eating the algae film :)

OClownsandNanos

Awesome tank! Love all the different macros you've got, esp. the blue scroll. You've got some amazing fish too and now I'm interested in fuzzy chitons. :)

Thanks animal! I got another but I gotta download it...just came back from watching The Clash of the Titans in 3D...awesome :)

fuzzy chitons... taking over one reef at a time :lol:

thanks OClownandNanos!

they are cool looking critters! so prehistoric looking. John at reefcleaners carries them.

I put my fuzzies 1 on each mountain and so far they haven't left. They just roam around on them. I want the other 2 to go on the glass since Fuzzy and Wuzzy love thier rocks.

Archived