Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Newman's Picotope

.Newman.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks bxz, when the blue burned out, I ordered new ones right away :)

Solarflare: When this happened I came close to losing colonies but no, w/e zoas were left from each colony regenerated back.

ok so instead of watching my corals (especially zoas) just sitting there, I think I want to start watching them grow, so I decided to start doing a weekly feeding with zooplankton once again. last time i stopped because of the algae i was getting. this time if a little algae appears, I wouldn't mind.I just dont want my tank to be all frags o_o

After a Zooplan feeding I took some photos. I also will start to dose more Reef Plus vitamin supplement. maybe that will help the reef grow. I've only been dosing like 2 drops per gallon. I moved it up to .75 mL twice a week. my concern is that the vitamin supplement has copper as one of the ingredients. its a tiny percentage but maybe it will become dangerous when i start dosing considerably more? I am doing a 1 gal water change each week, i hope thats enough to dilute the copper so that its not growing in concentration...but i will let the corals tell me if something is wrong. corals are sensitive to copper so if there is too much I suspect they will tend to not open or shrivel up on me. the finger leather is probably the most sensitive indicator.

Anyway enough yap, time for pictures:

goldifhs283.jpg

goldifhs280.jpg

goldifhs281.jpg

The hermit crab finally changed his shell. the first time since i bought him 7 months ago...

goldifhs282.jpg

And these are my main focus. I want to propagate them, possibly by cuttings all over the tank so they grow nice colonies or mats.

goldifhs284.jpg

I love Blue Crees too :)

Which of my three FTS do you guys think I should use for my September contest FTS? I like all 3 shots equally and they each have something that the other shots dont, its a hard decision xD

please help me out?

Hmmm morph the 2nd and 3rd one together somehow! :P

Newmanftsoverlay.png

Lol I can't decide between the 2nd or 3rd, I love the 3rd's colors, but the 2nd also shows what it looks like with regular lighting...

c_k am i allowed to use the pic that yoshi made? if not I will probably use the second FTS then :)

yoshi made morphed pic is ok. Doesn't really matter for now anyway -- next critical picture is not until Jan.

My only suggestion is to post the pic that best represents the tank as the naked eye would see it. After all isn't that what this contest is all about. Besides that would keep the best time line photos in the contest gallery as I plan on keeping that gallery updated until the end of the contest and then even beyond Jan for those interested.

When we eventually post the peoples choice picture that is when all the fancy photo editing comes into play.

lol it was the one you suggested, and the pic where most thing sin the tank could be seen. yoshi's pic is being used as the FTS for my thread xD

And I forgot to mention I put the Iceprobe on this tank. no more problems with temperature for me, the tank is going to be at 78F soon :)

lol it was the one you suggested, and the pic where most thing sin the tank could be seen. yoshi's pic is being used as the FTS for my thread xD

And I forgot to mention I put the Iceprobe on this tank. no more problems with temperature for me, the tank is going to be at 78F soon :)

Way to go. Good bye the damn heat. HAHA

bluefunelement
And these are my main focus. I want to propagate them, possibly by cuttings all over the tank so they grow nice colonies or mats.

goldifhs284.jpg

Don't do it -they are fairly aggressive to most other softies and are prone to close up for weeks for no reason and lose their green color

but i like them.... an i have literally nothing else to work with. i cant work with zoas since they need to stay toward the bottom. my GSP hates light period so i cant work with that, and other that those i have nothing else in the tank that i can really propagate effectively...it has to be the palys!

@ JBM: pics or what didnt happen? the temp change or the addition of the chiller?

Archived