Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

12g and 28g Nano-Cube – Upgraded Media Basket

urbaneks

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
clownfish14

Well this media basket is AWESOME it got here this morning and I put it in about an hour ago. I can already tell a difference in the water clarity. The price seems low for the quality of this awesome basket. I am running filter floss in the top then chem-pure and purigen in the second spot and i have my chaeto in the bottom with my jbj glow light turned sideways. Overall I am am extremely happy with this purchase. This basket is a must for the 28 gallon nano cube. Thank you brad and I hope to do business with you again.

Thanks so much,

Nick

:o Heads up folks! I just got an email back from the people that make the fiber fill you get at Walmart and they say not to use it in your tank, it could leach iron oxide, here is what they sent me. This should be a sticky with as many of us that use it!!

Hello Donnie,

We do not recommend using our product for fish tanks or water filtration because some of the fibers are recycled and can contain iron oxides which could be harmful if ingested. It is my understanding that water filters need to be made from 100% polypropylene – which is an expensive process. I’m sorry I can’t be of more help.

DUDE... how many threads are you going to put this in?

You alredy started your own thread and added it to at least 2 others.

Well this media basket is AWESOME it got here this morning and I put it in about an hour ago. I can already tell a difference in the water clarity. The price seems low for the quality of this awesome basket. I am running filter floss in the top then chem-pure and purigen in the second spot and i have my chaeto in the bottom with my jbj glow light turned sideways. Overall I am am extremely happy with this purchase. This basket is a must for the 28 gallon nano cube. Thank you brad and I hope to do business with you again.

Thanks so much,

Nick

Nick,

thanks for the kind words. Glad that it's working out for you.

Pickle010

Too much information never hurt anyone, I would rather read it in 100 threads than be kept in the dark about something that could kill my tank. I just thought everyone using the stuff might like to know, and how better than to put it on a few threads. Here is the one I WAS using.

post-54021-1279678891_thumb.jpg

Thanks so much,

Nick

Nick, Glad to hear that the basket is working out for you and that the nano glow is working great on the bottom of the basket. I'm sure that your tank will be happier since you will have so much more room to grow that chaeto.

I received the basket yesterday and immediately tried it out. I dont have filter floss but a few kinds of filter pads that I cut to size. Let it run like that all night and when I woke up today I had the cleanest water I've ever seen in my Nanocube! I mean seriously this thing is great. I cant wait to get some chaeto down in the bottom compartment and get some pods breeding.

Thanks again man great product!

You sir are a professional, great customer service from start to finish, solid product at a fair price, extremely prompt....need I say more? If anyone is on the fence about one of these, people I cant stress enough how much of an improvement it is over the stock filter basket....not one drop of water is lost or rolled over the edge anymore. This bad boy achieves a much higher rate of water flowing through it faster and more efficient than ever before. All while filtering through more filter pads than Ive ever been able to use.

I have a question for you nanoGlo users...Im thinking about buying one as well to create a nice refugium in the back...I read someone say they have their nanoGlo on the side with this new filter basket? I thought the nanoGlo was attatched by magnet to the outside. I could be mistaken but I need a good light and am wondering how good this little guy works out in a 28gal with one of these awesome Upgraded Media Baskets? And is it worth the $50? I've seen cheaper lights with bendable arms for half the price...

Also for those growing Chaeto...Are many of you doing so in the bottom compartment of the basket? Or clumps at the bottom of the Center Chamber of the actual tank?

So I've been running urbaneks basket for a few months now and it works great! I have a JBJ NanoCube 12 gal DX.

1st chamber use inTank poly filter floss on the first chamber, and replace weekly.

2nd chamber chaeto, with an inTank single light.

3rd chamber is Chemi-Pure Elite.

I almost threw out the clip that came with it by accident, make sure you have the clip to keep it pressed against the aquarium wall.

Add me to the list of satisfied. It really is what the basket should be like in the first place. There has to be at least twice the space for chaeto over the stock basket. So between the better straight filtering and larger fuge, this is a good thing.

I'm running the same order, floss, chaeto, purigen-chemipure elite

I'm using the Nano Glo and am very happy with it. Its just dead simple and works. There is no tweaking, to fussing and you hardly know its there, just stick it on in 30 seconds and your done. It is pricey though for sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the 28g basket in for approx. a week.Very pleased.Floss on top,chaeto-mid,chemi-elite bottom,nano glo on the glass, center chamber mounted vertical.Easy to slide the basket in and out ,even with the nano glo.Thank you for having the drive to follow through with an idea.

clownfish14
So I've been running urbaneks basket for a few months now and it works great! I have a JBJ NanoCube 12 gal DX.

1st chamber use inTank poly filter floss on the first chamber, and replace weekly.

2nd chamber chaeto, with an inTank single light.

3rd chamber is Chemi-Pure Elite.

I almost threw out the clip that came with it by accident, make sure you have the clip to keep it pressed against the aquarium wall.

wait what clip does the 28 gallon one have this too?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived