couevas

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Stomatella :)

I like 2 blue plus, 1 super actinic and 1 aquablue special :P

it is a nice 14k look

That sounds like a 50000k :lol:

I saw a tank with 1 UVL Aquasun 2 ATI blue plus and 1 aquablue. It looked pretty nice

:P

Itis actually the combo on my 28g now if u wanna looksey.

I had 2 blue plus, 1 super actinic and 1 GE 6500k that was nice as well on my old 29g

Cool, a stomatella works for me.....

--------------------------------

So, I let my wife choose the bulb combo from the T5 info page (makes it easier to throw down a hundred).

She fell in love with the color of Travis' old 15g and his 20H. It is very blue, but that is fine with me....

So I pulled the trigger at hellolights for:

2x ATI Blue+

1x UVL SuperActinic

1x KZ Fiji Purple

Bulbs will be here tomorrow.....

I didn't know hellolights was on the west coast! Great shipping time for me in Seattle!

I will post comparison pics when I get them tomorrow.

So, the lamps just showed up tonight....

I want to let them burn in for a while tomorrow before I post some pics.

I like they way they look so far, but the fiji is overpowering the super actinic because the super is not quite firing up completely yet...

I think it will be nice and bright blue when it is fully burnt in.

:happydance:

So, the lamps just showed up tonight....

I want to let them burn in for a while tomorrow before I post some pics.

I like they way they look so far, but the fiji is overpowering the super actinic because the super is not quite firing up completely yet...

I think it will be nice and bright blue when it is fully burnt in.

:happydance:

I hope you like the combo.

Glad to hear that you like the combo you decided to go with.

I'd give the new bulbs a week or two to fully "burn in." The color right out of the box, especially bulbs like the Blue+, can almost be overpowering.

• 1 year later...

Well, I am back! :D

Have made some changes since I was here last. Couldn't fight the urge so I pulled the trigger on another tank a few months back. I haven't started a thread yet for it, but it will probably be over on RF. I will add a link to my sig when i get it going.

It is a 125 SeaClear Acrylic with center overflow and custom stand/canopy. I built a baffled sump out of a 20 long and added a Reef Octopus 200NWB and an Eheim 1262 return. In the display are also 2 Koralia Evo 750's. Their is 40 lbs of dry CC and 100 lbs of base rock that I seeded from my reef.

I moved all fish from the reef. It is currently fallow with only coral and the cleanup crew. I will post some update pics in a bit. I think I am gonna keep it fish-free from here out. I was amazed how quickly all algae disappeared after the fish transfer...

I am also in the planning stage of gutting the Aquaticlife fixture for a custom LED setup. I started a thread for that here.

Stay tuned....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived