inTank Media Baskets

SunPod 70w modification

BioCube29er

So I purchased a 70w SunPod (paid $50) for my BC29 and later realized that I should've bought either a 150w or 250w. Anyhow, and obviously, I am stuck with a 70w lamp that most are saying is OK and is the bare minimum for my BC29. So as I stared at my lamp on my tank, I noticed that the mounting legs place the lamp roughly 4-5" above the water. If I were to make a mount that placed the lamp a lot closer to the water... say 1-3" above the water... would this be an improvement? I am looking to keep an anemone for my percula, zoanthids, maybe some frogspawn or toothcoral, and maybe goniopora. I do understand that this may warm up my water but in all honesty, my water could be a bit warmer anyhow. Any input? Thanks in advance.

So I purchased a 70w SunPod (paid $50) for my BC29 and later realized that I should've bought either a 150w or 250w. Anyhow, and obviously, I am stuck with a 70w lamp that most are saying is OK and is the bare minimum for my BC29. So as I stared at my lamp on my tank, I noticed that the mounting legs place the lamp roughly 4-5" above the water. If I were to make a mount that placed the lamp a lot closer to the water... say 1-3" above the water... would this be an improvement? I am looking to keep an anemone for my percula, zoanthids, maybe some frogspawn or toothcoral, and maybe goniopora. I do understand that this may warm up my water but in all honesty, my water could be a bit warmer anyhow. Any input? Thanks in advance.

Why not just sell the 70w sunpod for like $125-50. Tons of people want them you would have no problem getting rid of it and then just buy a 150W for used or something?

In fact if the bulb is decent in it my cousin is currently wanting one right now and he could take it off your hands tomorrow if you want? Let me know

Why not just sell the 70w sunpod for like $125-50. Tons of people want them you would have no problem getting rid of it and then just buy a 150W for used or something?

In fact if the bulb is decent in it my cousin is currently wanting one right now and he could take it off your hands tomorrow if you want? Let me know

I wouldn't mind selling it at all... I would just have to make sure that I have a lot ready to replace it.

I meant "a light to replace it."

Archived