Coral Vue Hydros

Esabasard's 20L

Esabasard

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Honey! Look - Its me!! And I saw the comment on "Yes it is a tongue coral, also known as the clown's beach house by my wife. I am working on her letting me sell it though. "

Good Luck with that! ;)

And I got the hermit crab out of the shot glass - it was stuck.

:lol: I missed this yesterday! BUSTED!

isn't it always the hermits that are boozers? Always in the shot glasses.

Those pics are awesome!

I meant to check with you - are you dosing anything? You have a lot of SPS in there and the clam - does the salt dosing keep you good?

Only ask cause I don't want to dose - but I might want either more SPS or another clam.

TY,

B

cruzH20polo

I still can't get over that toadstool, its ridiculous

ridiculously awesome,

once all that sps and zoas grow in its gonna the sweet!

Thanks for all the kind words. I am enjoying this little tank a lot and it will only get better once everything grows up.

MrsJenniferSpencer

Honey.. we have a slight problem.. but I fixed it temporarily.

I came home and checked out the tank and found this...

Problem.jpg

So i figured I couldn't go the entire two weeks with pretending I didnt see it was missing.. so I did this..

Stuff.jpg

And this is what it looks like for now until you can fix it...

Tank.jpg

And a close up..

The%20Fix.jpg

Ok - I know its not super pretty and you can see a lot of that aquamend stuff, but I think I did ok. I had to fight with the clown fish the entire time and you know I dont like the little bloodsucker coming after me. I did however figure out that she is afraid of the fish net and I just plopped it in the tank and it stayed under the toadstool leather. I turned the power head off for a little bit so the stuff can harden. When you get home you can take it off and glue it how you want it. What a stressful night..and now I have that grey putty all over my fingers! COME HOME!

Honey.. we have a slight problem.. but I fixed it temporarily.

I came home and checked out the tank and found this...

Problem.jpg

So i figured I couldn't go the entire two weeks with pretending I didnt see it was missing.. so I did this..

Stuff.jpg

And this is what it looks like for now until you can fix it...

Tank.jpg

And a close up..

The%20Fix.jpg

Ok - I know its not super pretty and you can see a lot of that aquamend stuff, but I think I did ok. I had to fight with the clown fish the entire time and you know I dont like the little bloodsucker coming after me. I did however figure out that she is afraid of the fish net and I just plopped it in the tank and it stayed under the toadstool leather. I turned the power head off for a little bit so the stuff can harden. When you get home you can take it off and glue it how you want it. What a stressful night..and now I have that grey putty all over my fingers! COME HOME!

Wow, mega awesome wife.

Very impressed.

Give her a raise. ;)

A raise? She already gets everything I don't spend :D I am just happy that she is interested enough to take charge and fix stuff for me when I am out of town. That may not be the prettiest epoxy job ever but the little guy should be fine like that, better than on the floor.

Very cool. I just think it's funny she posts here to get in touch with you - probably because she knows where you spend your time heheh.

My wonderful wife saved me again tonight. The ac50 was overflowing tonight and she caught it before any major damage was done to tank or equipment. I am very happy she likes to look at it :) Now I need to figure out a solution. I am assuming that it is because the filter pad was clogged and blocking flow through the filter. I may try getting an impellar for an ac20 or something. I need to look at it to make sure it is level too.

• 3 weeks later...

Last night my wife and I moved the tank to a different stand because the old one was too low and wasn't well suited as an aquarium stand. Here are some pictures of the new stand (and one of my dogs) taken with my phone:

2010-03-23%2022.10.50.jpg

2010-03-23%2022.11.46.jpg

I realized today that it has been over a month since I took any pictures so I will try to get that done soon.

I got all the stuff for an ATO in the mail last weekend and I hope to get everything installed and tested this weekend so I can stop adding water every night.

Last night I discovered that I am probably about to lose my first coral. One of my acros had lost quite a bit of skin over the day. It was late so I didn't do anything. I checked this morning and it looks to be about the same as it was right before I went to bed. I am not sure what could have changed though. I have been following the same routine as always. I will be checking all parameters tonight and if it has gotten worse then I will frag it, if there is anything left to frag. The only thing that I can think of that might have changed is not having chemi-pure in there right now. Hopefully it will pull through, if not I really hope it is an isolated coral.

Also got my ATO hooked up, excited about that :)

How does the CPR Aeroforce do? Curious what pump it uses for intake, and how loud it is?

I bought the CPR BakPak2 and it was REALLY loud. This one looks like a smaller pump in the tank - how does the noise compare to the MP10 when it cranks up?

wow, totaly following this your fts are just down right impressive. you may even be able to compeat with lalani.

My acro was worse last night when I got home from work, but I didn't frag anything off because there wasn't a healthy area to frag. I am afraid it will cause it more stress. The strangest thing to me is that there was still polyp extension on it. The purple has faded to white where the skin still exists, but it is still trying to extend. I am hoping that it may pull through, but I am not counting on it. I tested the water and everything is about what it usually is. The Mag seems low, but this is the first time I have tested it so I am not sure what it usually it. I will be testing for it regualrly now, and dosing something to raise it.

NO3: 0

Ca: 420

dKH: 7.28

SG: 1.025

Temp: 80.9

Mag: 1080

How does the CPR Aeroforce do? Curious what pump it uses for intake, and how loud it is?

I bought the CPR BakPak2 and it was REALLY loud. This one looks like a smaller pump in the tank - how does the noise compare to the MP10 when it cranks up?

I like the Aeroforce. It is not silent, but it is a nice white noise and it doesn't bother me. The tank is just outside our bedroom and we sleep with the door open, it is not loud enough to bother my wife or me. It is louder than the MP10, but it is constant. The pump is a hydor pico, very smally in tank. It seems to be performing well, it is always generating stuff and my Nitrates are always 0. Also, the biggest reason for changing from the Tunze 9002 was bubbles, and this makes no bubbles in the tank.

wow, totaly following this your fts are just down right impressive. you may even be able to compeat with lalani.

Thanks for the compliment, but I don't think my photo skills are anywhere close to her level. I'm a total photography noob.

That Mg is really low, and your dKh is low as well.

I'd lay strong odds that those two things are what is causing your Acro problems.

Get those up ASAP!

What do you recommend for raising the Mag? From what I have read, the low mag is likely causing the dKH and cal to stay low.

Are you dosing anything for dKh and Cal?

I ask because I use B-Ionic, which has Mg in it.

I've used Seachem Aquavitro Ions, which is a liquid Mg and have had good luck with that.

I might have something extra in my Chem Cupboard I could send you.

Archived