inTank Media Baskets

Esabasard's 20L

Esabasard

Maybe, maybe not. I have mostly SPS and want the cleanest water possible. Also, when I start to travel for work again I would like to know that everything will be ok with less frequent water changes.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey I just did the aforementioned ghetto mod on the remora and I have to say the effect is pretty amazing. I can hear the fan of the light fixture over the skimmer now...

Wow good to know. What is this mod exactly? I am now trying to decide if I want a remora or a cpr aeroforce. Cpr tells me that it can be raised up if needed but if the remora is now quiet then that seems better

If you've seen one with the cup off, there are three chambers looking at you when you peer in. The center one is where the collection cup rests and the bubbles come up. The one on the left is where the pipe comes in to spray the water. Take some paper towel, fold it up and jam it around that pipe to seal off that chamber.

Sound is almost completely gone, and no effect on skimmate production.

Tank looks good. I am about to set up my 20L also and tear down my 75 to make more room in my house. Almost the same reasons you did. So are you still having noise issues with your mp10? My tank is going in our room and my wife will kill me if if makes alot of noise. If it is bad i may just go with a couple tunze or maybe even korillas. Im going to go with that lighting system you have as soon as this place that has it the cheapest gets it back in stock, my tank will be mostly SPS also. I think im not going to do a skimmer and just keep up with 30-50% weekly wc

MP10 is still making noise. I am planning to contact vortech today to get it resolved. I have high confidence in them that this will be fixed. I am still trying to decide if I want an AquaC remora or CPR aeroforce skimmer. Since the remora can be silenced I am leaning towards it, but price might be the deciding factor.

When I've had Vortech issues, I've dealt with Stephen King, he's one of the most amazing Customer Service reps ever.

You could always ask for him if you call.

I emailed them a week ago and he was the one that responded. He asked me to wait a week to see if it was a break in thing or a real problem. It has been long enough and I think it is a real problem.

I placed an order for a CPR Aeroforce. I have read nothing but good things about them. If it doesn't work then I will return it and go the Remora route.

Tank is looking nice man. I may want that tongue coral once my ninety gets established if you are still debating on whether or not to get rid of it.

Some new zoas and a FTS sorry for the quality, I don't know how to use my camera correctly:

Nuclear Green and KeddRedd

DSC_6959.JPG

Purple Death and Devil's Armor

DSC_6963.JPG

Collection

DSC_6958.JPG

FTS

DSC_6956.JPG

I don't understand the white nub at the top...any ideas? These are about 3 weeks apart.

DSC_6481.JPG

DSC_6967.JPG

Cool growth shot:

1-13

DSC_6423.JPG

2-14

DSC_6971.JPG

White nub could be new growth.

Is that how these grow? It is a Monitpora Setosa, and I am totally unfamiliar with these, it is different than any other SPS I have. It does look like new growth based on the two pictures. I hope that is all it is.

MrsJenniferSpencer

Honey! Look - Its me!! And I saw the comment on "Yes it is a tongue coral, also known as the clown's beach house by my wife. I am working on her letting me sell it though. "

Good Luck with that! ;)

And I got the hermit crab out of the shot glass - it was stuck.

Wow, at least you already deleted that other thing you said about her........

You are trying to bury him...Doing a good job at it. If we don't see him update anymore we will all know that it's your fault. Hahaha

:lol:

Did my weekly water change today and found a pistol shrimp molt. That would explain the clicking sound I hear at night. I assume that he is the same one that hitched a ride on the rock that I bought for my 75g 3 years ago. Now I just need to see him to know for sure.

I got the new skimmer installed. It is a CPR AeroForce. I expect some time to break it in, but so far I like that it is out of the tank. It is not as quiet as I had hoped, but maybe that can be fixed.

Some pictures from tonight:

DSC_7148.JPG

DSC_7145.JPG

DSC_7138.JPG

DSC_7121.JPG

Archived