SaltCritters.com

st.augustine biotope

parker32259

parker32259

yay found the password

it is actually a small tub but i am geting (posibly) a little 2.5g aga

definatly up sizing

Have you got the tank started yet?

I'm moving to Orlando soon, and I was considering snorkeling to collect stock for a St. Augustine or Ponce Inlet biotope. I can't seem to find any diving/snorkeling pics to see what I can look forward to though.

A friend of mine visits her mom in St. Augustine pretty frequently, and the pics I've seen from the shore down there seem pretty promising. I'm thinking Ponce might be a little better area considering it's about 60 miles farther south(quite a bit closer), and the water should be just a smidge warmer...but a smidge can be all that's necessary to keep quite a bit more thriving through the winter.

There is a reef out of New Smyrna Beach.I heard of people collecting specimens there,But there also have been quite a few shark attacks there as well.I will stick with buying my livestock.

Also for those looking for a tank Petco has a Dollar a gallon sale 10-55 gallons.I picked up a 40 gallon breeder for 47.99 out the door for my next project, :D

parker32259
There is a reef out of New Smyrna Beach.I heard of people collecting specimens there,But there also have been quite a few shark attacks there as well.I will stick with buying my livestock.

Also for those looking for a tank Petco has a Dollar a gallon sale 10-55 gallons.I picked up a 40 gallon breeder for 47.99 out the door for my next project, :D

ooo might have to swing by petco :P

• 1 year later...

Archived