inTank Media Baskets

st.augustine biotope

parker32259

im thinking about doing a north east florida biotope (ten gallon) and i was wondering if any one lived near here.i will be collecting straight from the inter-costal water way.

parker

animalmaster6
im thinking about doing a north east florida biotope (40 gallon breeder) and i was wondering if any one lived near here.i will be collecting straight from the inter-costal water way.

parker

Sounds like a really cool idea!

I live up the road from you, but I'm considering doing the same in a 10 gallon. I was actually looking on the FWC website earlier to check laws for collecting from the saltmarsh...couldn't find anything. It only listed species you can't mess with. Any specific animals you hope to find?

I live up the road from you, but I'm considering doing the same in a 10 gallon. I was actually looking on the FWC website earlier to check laws for collecting from the saltmarsh...couldn't find anything. It only listed species you can't mess with. Any specific animals you hope to find?

oops,i ment to say ten gallon :slap: and i was about to check the laws two! :haha:

and nothing realy specific

I did one of those a while back. In high school. Had a few pup fish, pipefish, an urchin, peppermint shirmp, grass shrimp with some sargasso sea weed. Lots of critters you can find amongst the seaweed. Also had a few crabs with the nems attached on their back for a while untill they became like bulldosers bumping everything over when they got bigger. Sounds like fun though will watch the thread.

I saw a seaturtle right off the seawall at the fort the other day, you should get one of those.

:haha::lol:

heres a url to the fwc website on collecting stuff in florida:http://myfwc.com/RULESANDREGS/Saltwater_Regulations_recharvestmls.htm

(you cant harvest live rock :tears:

:haha::lol:

heres a url to the fwc website on collecting stuff in florida:http://myfwc.com/RULESANDREGS/Saltwater_Regulations_recharvestmls.htm

(you can harvest live rock omgomgomg:happydance:;)

thanks for the link i could use that but also u cant harvest live rock.

Are you plan on doing offshore or inisde the inlet biotope? I really doubt anyone around st aug is going to give a crap if you take some rocks, I'd do it. I'm sure I will get flamed for that though.

Are you plan on doing offshore or inisde the inlet biotope? I really doubt anyone around st aug is going to give a crap if you take some rocks, I'd do it. I'm sure I will get flamed for that though.

true but ill :ninja: keep it secret :ninja:

Well if Fish and Wildlife catches you there are hefty fines and they can confiscate your boat your equipment and you'll have to appear in court. I say why risk it? There are plenty of vendors who sell aquacultured LR in florida.

Well if Fish and Wildlife catches you there are hefty fines and they can confiscate your boat your equipment and you'll have to appear in court. I say why risk it? There are plenty of vendors who sell aquacultured LR in florida.

true,very true

your totaly right i just got over exited :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
My buddy has a st auggie biotope real sweet I am not going to tell you what he has in it on a public forum though

cmon please!!!!!! :P seriously tho why not :angry:

• 4 weeks later...

LOL Ok... keep on talking from NY.

Parker - Did you ever get this thing going? A friend of mine found some cup coral on a crab trap that washed up on the beach up here. He was keeping it and said it was doing great. He said it was putting out like 5" sweepers though so he got rid of it. It won't be the prettiest tank but could be pretty cool.

parker32259

Parker - Did you ever get this thing going? A friend of mine found some cup coral on a crab trap that washed up on the beach up here. He was keeping it and said it was doing great. He said it was putting out like 5" sweepers though so he got rid of it. It won't be the prettiest tank but could be pretty cool.

not yet very soon tho(I'll try to in the month)

fingerscrossed

• 1 month later...
holy_viper

the only problem with a northeast florida biotope is there really isn't that must to use. mud minnows or somthing like that. I no longer live in northeast florida just grew up there. Now I'm in north central FL

• 3 weeks later...
weirdtop360

Have you got the tank started yet?

I'm moving to Orlando soon, and I was considering snorkeling to collect stock for a St. Augustine or Ponce Inlet biotope. I can't seem to find any diving/snorkeling pics to see what I can look forward to though.

A friend of mine visits her mom in St. Augustine pretty frequently, and the pics I've seen from the shore down there seem pretty promising. I'm thinking Ponce might be a little better area considering it's about 60 miles farther south(quite a bit closer), and the water should be just a smidge warmer...but a smidge can be all that's necessary to keep quite a bit more thriving through the winter.

• 4 weeks later...

yes it is up btw im the new parker 32259

will post pics tonight

Archived