Top Shelf Aquatics

Brightwell Coral Amino

reefer916

so last night after i got home, i checked my tank to see how everything is going. i find the few sticks of acro milli isnt this pale pink anymore, but the color got darker. seems like it gained some color. my mind instantly tells me its the amino stuff thats working...but improvements after 1 day? that seems a bit extreme.

one other explanation i can come up with is because my Mg level was extremely low (900ppm), i got some brightwell aquatics Mg powder supplement (great product also btw, might write a review for it later) and added 1/3 the amount needed to raise my mg up to 1300ppm and the Mg level in my tank is already at 1230ppm. so it could be that my corals are reacting to the increase of Mg levels as well

I was doing the same exact thing. My acro seems to have better polyp extensions after dosing this for about 1 week. I started dosing magnesium at the same time to bring the levels up so I can't tell for sure which is doing it for sure. My magnesium was around 1100 so I am thinking it's more the amino doing the work.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am up to 2 ml per 30gls myself. That is what I started with and cut back to one for about 2 weeks, but found the colors fading somewhat.

I guess 2ml is overdosing, but no neg results from it.

need to get some more ordered.

thats cause your colors are already at epic status

:lol: Nah I have some typical T5 color fading going on. I hate the way SPS look when they get that pastel color from being in an ULN tank, especially when running T5's

thats cause your colors are already at epic status

+1 I've been checking out your pics. Your expectations are much higher.. It's easier to go from a 7 to a 9 vs. your tank a 9.8 to 10:) It'll be interesting to see if there's a difference eventually in your tank.

:lol: Nah I have some typical T5 color fading going on. I hate the way SPS look when they get that pastel color from being in an ULN tank, especially when running T5's

man, if you hate it, I'll gladly pay shipping for them.

How do you guys dose this? Do you just drop the number of drops into your tank or do you measure it out? I just picked up a bottle as it seemed pretty interesting and worth a shot, I have dosed once 10 Drops for a NC24, I also turned off the skimmer for an hour but I did dose this during feeding time so would that effect the outcome?

How do you guys dose this? Do you just drop the number of drops into your tank or do you measure it out? I just picked up a bottle as it seemed pretty interesting and worth a shot, I have dosed once 10 Drops for a NC24, I also turned off the skimmer for an hour but I did dose this during feeding time so would that effect the outcome?

I stopped dosing for now. This stuff is giving me bad cyano on my sandbed. The colors on some of my acros have darkened a little though. So I would say this stuff works but it does increase your nutrient level. IMO it's easier to add another fish or two and feed them.

I think it must vary depending on the systems. I've been using this for a little over two weeks. The first week there was a little bit of change, but not a whole lot. During the second week I really noticed colors "popping" a lot more in the tank. The biggest difference I noticed was that my zoa's are spreading about twice as fast now. I'm very pleased with the results so far and haven't had any algae growth. I'm just starting the mb7 and biofuel this week to see how this works in my system as well.

It really seems to work well for some and do nothing for others. I guess if you really want to know just get the small bottle and try it out. If it doesn't work sell it to someone else wanting to try it out.

I think it must vary depending on the systems. I've been using this for a little over two weeks. The first week there was a little bit of change, but not a whole lot. During the second week I really noticed colors "popping" a lot more in the tank. The biggest difference I noticed was that my zoa's are spreading about twice as fast now. I'm very pleased with the results so far and haven't had any algae growth. I'm just starting the mb7 and biofuel this week to see how this works in my system as well.

It really seems to work well for some and do nothing for others. I guess if you really want to know just get the small bottle and try it out. If it doesn't work sell it to someone else wanting to try it out.

Agree. It seems that way for most all products. Some seem to work well in some tanks but not so well in others.

Salts, trace elements, basically about all products are like that.

I have had good results with it myself, though I think I have been using too much and have cut back.

I have had good results with it myself, though I think I have been using too much and have cut back.

Were you dosing per the bottle and cut back from that? I cut mine to using it just every other day.

Were you dosing per the bottle and cut back from that? I cut mine to using it just every other day.

I was actually overdosing it. I had misread the directions is what I think I had done. I really am not sure how I came about the amount I was adding.

My sps were actually getting lighter over time and I think it was due to adding too much.

Pics from another thread and I know they don't look it but to see them a couple weeks before these pics and you would see that the colors were not as deep. Course, they looked brown before I started using the BCA.

This was a deep purple

20longvid088.jpg?t=1266811725

Blue Voodoo that was lots more blue

20longvid100.jpg?t=1266811759

Course I am not too familiar with sps to say for sure it is too much BCA, but probably is according to others that gave me some input.

Carlton'sTank

Started dosing 3 days ago in my display, I am dosing less than the bottle says to see what happens. nothing noticeable as of yet as far as PE, color or growth. Will update...

I bought a wild caught white with yellow polyp acro colony about a month ago. It was a a nice pearl white and the polyps would stand out under the 14k MH's. Now the tips have turned a deep blue and purple and it's grown quit a bit. I have some pics of when I got it and I'll try and take some pics tomorrow of it about 4 weeks later. I'm pretty happy with the results. I bought a browned out Pokerstar monti frag and now it's almost completely colored up. So far the 10 drops a day of this stuff seems to be working in my 24 gallon.

It seems in my system the second to third week was the sweet spot where things started getting more color. I'm on my first week of using MB7 now and things are really starting to look nice. Gonna try to snap some pictures tomorrow if I have some time.

I bought a wild caught white with yellow polyp acro colony about a month ago. It was a a nice pearl white and the polyps would stand out under the 14k MH's. Now the tips have turned a deep blue and purple and it's grown quit a bit. I have some pics of when I got it and I'll try and take some pics tomorrow of it about 4 weeks later. I'm pretty happy with the results. I bought a browned out Pokerstar monti frag and now it's almost completely colored up. So far the 10 drops a day of this stuff seems to be working in my 24 gallon.

Pics please. :D

It seems in my system the second to third week was the sweet spot where things started getting more color. I'm on my first week of using MB7 now and things are really starting to look nice. Gonna try to snap some pictures tomorrow if I have some time.

And same with you. Lets get some pics up. :)

So I overdosed my tank to see what would happen.

Nothing

Then I started dosing under the suggested amounts and noticed everything got brighter colors now. So about the 4th week for me was when I noticed results.

nanoreefer21

Ok first off I'm not that great at taking pictures. Here's the comparison on the beginning first and today second. This is after about 3 weeks of dosing. The color is much better, which the pictures don't really show well. The growth has also been really well.

This was the only coral I had a before picture of that I can find.

Archived