Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Spot the new fish!

TheNordCelt

Another rescape, I just can't help myself! The sps has been growing like crazy, and it was starting to look pretty crowded so I removed some rocks. I'll get some pictures up in the next couple of days.

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Things are looking good pat, colors are great! How's the FTS look after the rescape?

I admit that it looks a little sparse, but I'm waiting for the sps to really fill in. It's had a growth spurt recently and it shouldn't take too long. This ones a little washed out, I'll try to get a better one.

IMG_0307Large.jpg

Here's a top down. I'm going to try and build a topdown box, because I've got some really cool shots, just can't get it with all the glare.

IMG_0365Large.jpg

Doesnt look sparse at all! Looks really really good, how has the growth been?

THanks man, I'm still fighting the LED's in the photography, it looks much better in person.

Did you ever catch the bad worm(s)? I gave up. I don't see mine as much now but I know they are still there. With my luck I'll be pulling out a 4ft worm in a couple of years :lol:

ummm pat? Your tank looks awesome and your sps growth is ridiculous. Im officially jealous

And i really want that rainbow acan....

Thanks hype, hard to believe it was a single head when I bought it!

Did you ever catch the bad worm(s)? I gave up. I don't see mine as much now but I know they are still there. With my luck I'll be pulling out a 4ft worm in a couple of years :lol:

No I have yet to see one. I did recently remove a couple rocks and have noticed an explosion of pods and brittle stars. Could it be that they were getting preyed on by the worm, and I accidentally removed it?

crossing fingers... ;)

New Addition. My previous Puffer didn't survive my last move, but was very docile and didn't bother anything but snails, I'm hoping this little guy has good manners as well.

IMG_9448Large.jpg

IMG_9435Large.jpg

IMG_9455Large.jpg

Wow....looks amazing! So beautiful!

I hope if you did have a worm, it went out with the rocks! Not sure if they eat brittle stars. I'll have to see if I get an explosion of stars and pods.

Wow....looks amazing! So beautiful!

I hope if you did have a worm, it went out with the rocks! Not sure if they eat brittle stars. I'll have to see if I get an explosion of stars and pods.

Thanks Gena, I'm hoping so too!

Is that a brackish puffer? how did you accimate him slow drip? Sweet looking setup I have a colony of those same acans... very nice

Sort of. They are usually sold as brackish or fresh, but they migrate between rivers and estuaries, so they experience a wide range of salinity in the wild. A lot of hobbyists on puffer forums do report that these fair better in high brackish to full salt. You have to be careful though,there are a few different puffers out there. I got a figure 8 thinking that they had the same requirements ( don't listen to fish store employees if you're not sure :) ) I was able to rehome though so it ended well.

Okay so I'm very intrigued about this puffer. I know monos can go full salt but so can puffers? :huh:

Certain species. From what I've read, Green Spotted can do SW, figure 8's are brackish, and dwarf puffers are FW.

The Xenia on the back wall was a complete accident, and just one head that survived the ULNS stage of the tank. It's starting to recover, and I think the back wall will look really cool covered in it.

So how do you do it? Any special acclimation? I'm *really* considering getting one as I'm struggling to find unique inhabitants for the 40.

So how do you do it? Any special acclimation? I'm *really* considering getting one as I'm struggling to find unique inhabitants for the 40.

As far as i am aware drip acclimating green spotted puffer from brackish or freshwater will get them to full marine. Be aware thought that green spotted puffers do get quite large, they can get to the size of nerf balls.

I have a dwarf puffer who is tiny but they are quite messy and have a large bioload.

Have you considered a Valentini puffer, they're colourful and cute, and i don't think they get as large as gsp's. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

I suggest you go to http://www.thepufferforum.com, there are some really helpful knowledgeable people there.

As far as i am aware drip acclimating green spotted puffer from brackish or freshwater will get them to full marine. Be aware thought that green spotted puffers do get quite large, they can get to the size of nerf balls.

I have a dwarf puffer who is tiny but they are quite messy and have a large bioload.

Have you considered a Valentini puffer, they're colourful and cute, and i don't think they get as large as gsp's. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

I suggest you go to http://www.thepufferforum.com, there are some really helpful knowledgeable people there.

Thanks for the info! I'm okay with a large bioload, my skimmer just broke in and it's doing some good work. B)

I've looked at all the smaller sw puffers but none of them really grab me.

OMG he is so cute!

I had a few Dwarfs my husband bought on impulse with a small 1/2 gallon tank. Well you can guess how that went. I did all the HW but it was too late. I would like to try them again, they are so cute!

GL with him hope he is well behaved!

Thanks for the info! I'm okay with a large bioload, my skimmer just broke in and it's doing some good work. B)

I've looked at all the smaller sw puffers but none of them really grab me.

They're really cool man. Lot's of personality,keep in mind they can be aggressive, but I've had luck with them so far.

Archived