ReefCleaners.org

Spot the new fish!

TheNordCelt

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TheNordCelt
hey there is that a RBTA and if so dose it move alot and how is it with the other corals.

thanx :)

Yeah, its an RBTA. It came in a giant barnacle shell in the $2 lb live rock bin and hasn't moved since i've had it. I only have it in with some softies, and haven't had any problems with them.

reeftankguy
Thanks you, I still am not happy with the way the LED's brown out the Zoas. I just dialed them way down and will see if that makes a difference.

Hmmmmm.... I wish I could tell you what was wrong... Like I said I havent had anything but great results with my CREE's...

Waiting to see that puffer!

TheNordCelt
ok thanx alot and is that saddleback clown in it

No, its a Clarkii Clown. I think these are underrated as far as clowns go.

Hmmmmm.... I wish I could tell you what was wrong... Like I said I havent had anything but great results with my CREE's...

Waiting to see that puffer!

I just fed him a silver side, he tore it up like a little bad a$$! I'll try to get a video of it up tomorrow.

TheNordCelt
ok thanx and nice tank

thank you, new pics this weekend, i just need to get my chromis school to slow the F down!

TheNordCelt
I like both of your tanks buddy!

Thanks! Gonna take some pics tomorrow or sunday after i do a water change and clean the glass!

TheNordCelt

New Pics!

FTS

IMG_1864.jpg

Zoa rock

IMG_1866.jpg

IMG_1867.jpg

Chromis

IMG_1897.jpg

IMG_1964.jpg

IMG_1969.jpg

IMG_1972.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

Clown and Blennie

IMG_1977.jpg

Blennie and Wrasse

IMG_1912.jpg

Pissed off Orange Digitata

IMG_1992.jpg

nor_cal_nano

How's the puffer doing? How long have you had him? What do you feed him? Did you acclimate him to full marine personally?

TheNordCelt
How's the puffer doing? How long have you had him? What do you feed him? Did you acclimate him to full marine personally?

Puffers doing fine, I've had him for 2 yrs now. I feed him silversides, shrimp, mysis and reef nutrition blocks. Oh, and i drop a couple snails form my other tank in there for him every once in a while.

TheNordCelt

Got home yesterday and couldn't find my clown, checked the back chambers, no luck. Checked all around on the floor, but i have a fish saver and the hood is never open. Finally i shut off all the pumps and looked in the protein skimmer. There he was swimming in the main chamber. I have no idea how he got in there.

• 4 weeks later...
reeftankguy
Got home yesterday and couldn't find my clown, checked the back chambers, no luck. Checked all around on the floor, but i have a fish saver and the hood is never open. Finally i shut off all the pumps and looked in the protein skimmer. There he was swimming in the main chamber. I have no idea how he got in there.

Isnt it funny how the unexplained always happens :lol:

Great picture show, tanks look great as always man! ;)

• 1 month later...
TheNordCelt

Hey thanks RTG. Haven't updated in a while, but nothings really changed. I'm going to be moving in the next month, so hopefully that means UPGRADE! I want to try and DIY a shallow rimless cube, but am a little nervous since I want something 65g or greater. Any body have any experience?

As promised a picture of the puffer

puffer1.jpg

WTF!!!!!!! I USED TO DO FRESHWATER AND KEPT THESE PUFFERS IN THERE!!!! HOW DO YOU HAVE IT IN A REEF!?!?!?!?!?

TheNordCelt

Acclimate. they are usually sold as brackish, but there life cycle is actually born in brackish, spend there juvenile lives there and then migrate to full salt.

TheNordCelt
how long did it take to acclimate

They guy I got it from said he puts them in a 5 gallon with a drip and an airstone overnight.

• 2 months later...

It's time for a long over due update. Moved into a tiny apartment while I look for a house, and haven't been very motivated to photograph. The puffer didn't survive the move, pretty disappointed about that. Lost some acan's and lots of zoa's, but the sps did just fine.

IMG_4132.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

IMG_4142.jpg

IMG_4143.jpg

IMG_4145.jpg

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4153.jpg

IMG_4156.jpg

IMG_4164.jpg

IMG_4165.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg