inTank Media Baskets

Spot the new fish!

TheNordCelt

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Any updates? :)

Yeah, tank is doing great, everything was a little stressed from 2 move in 6 months but is starting to get back to normal. I'll snap some pics after my water change today!

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings I like your tank! Did the CREE LEDS allow you to keep the stock hood?

I was thinking of getting LED's when I get a Biocube but I am not familiar with LED's at all

any recommendations ?

Also what anemone is this?

resize.jpg

and this one too

IMG_1783.jpg

Very cool tank and the black sand is awesome,

Greetings I like your tank! Did the CREE LEDS allow you to keep the stock hood?

I was thinking of getting LED's when I get a Biocube but I am not familiar with LED's at all

any recommendations ?

Also what anemone is this?

resize.jpg

and this one too

IMG_1783.jpg

Very cool tank and the black sand is awesome,

Thank you for the comments! unfortunately my RKL is acting up and I can't get a good sunrise video, but I'll get some stills up tonight hopefully!

I kept the stock hood, which I like a lot, never liked the look of sunpods etc. on All-in-one aquariums. In the lighting forum there is a list of all the LED builds and some people have done excellent jobs with their instructions. Here's the one I followed pretty closely http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=192036

The first one is a Rose Bubble Tip anemone, and the second is an Aussie( I think?) Duncan coral.

Looking good patrick. I like the color of your leds

Thank you Sir!

Good work on the Video Pat thanks for Sharing.

Love the feeding footage, not sure if you meant to but the fast shutter use when the fish are feeding looks awesome.

Good work on the Video Pat thanks for Sharing.

Love the feeding footage, not sure if you meant to but the fast shutter use when the fish are feeding looks awesome.

Thanks, means a lot coming from the master! Do you mind if I shoot you a pm at some point? Had some questions about video editing software. I'm not even sure what fast shutter is to be honest!

Nice video. Don't know much about the goby\shrimp pairing. Does the goby bring any food to the shrimp like a clown fish does to its anemone?

Thanks Henry, your Biocube has been an inspiration!

I've seen the Goby take food back to the burrow and I think its for the shrimp.

Pat, What type of sand are you using? I like the size but am concered it will get blown all around. Tank looks great!!

Not sure about the sand, I've had it for about 3 years now! It does get blown a bit, but what I did in the past was slowly raise the mp10 speed over a few weeks and it reduced that a lot.

Things look great man. Let's see a picture of that new carnation...please!

Thanks man, I'm doing a water change now so maybe after if the lights are still on. If its not too weird you should shoot me a pm next time you go to Dubeys, I'll chip in for gas.

• 2 weeks later...
TheNordCelt
Love the LEDs! Is that the Nanotuners 4.6 upgrade or is it a stock led system??

I actually made the setup myself, its pretty easy with a little soldering practice.

TheNordCelt

Okay here's the new stuff.

IMG_9155.jpg

+

IMG_9154.jpg

+

Additives.jpg

= more of

food.jpg

and lastly

IMG_9153.jpg

I'll be following the Brightwell zeo guide for the most part but have opted to make my own carbon source (VSV) to save a little $$. I got in my zeo stones a couple of days ago ( lfs deals brightwell) and got some Zeovit supps through a BRS group buy, hence the jumble of items.

Here is a Day 1 FTS

wedding-114.jpg

I also replaced the chromis I lost in the move, they just got out of the quarantine tank.

Nice video! Subscribed to see the result with your custom Zeo method. Are you using Zeovit zeolites or another brand?

I was thinking of doing something similar. I used Zeovit in my last tank to reduce nutrients and it worked. I might employ the zeolites into my new tank.

Archived