Top Shelf Aquatics

Spot the new fish!

TheNordCelt

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply
sorry to hear about the puffer pat...Moving is always hard on the fish. I lost all of my gobies when i moved..

Thanks man, he was my favorite fish.

dude, i liked that puffer. sorry to hear that.

thanks man.

• 3 weeks later...

So, still recovering from the move, Blue Tort is STNing, tried covering it with super glue but its still going. guess i'll have to frag the frag tomorrow. Over all though its looking better, turned down the led's and the acans are coming back, fragged up some zoa's so its not looking quite so bare now. New pic's after the water change tomorrow. Dreading having to move this thing again next month.

i dont blame you, i would be dreading it too. good luck with your move!

Yeah, its going to suck. We close on a house dec 15th, and will be moving that following weekend 17th-19th. then going home for Christmas for a week. I don't think my family would understand if I stayed home with my tank.

New addition.

IMG_8978Medium.jpg

IMG_8980Medium.jpg

IMG_8984Medium.jpg

IMG_9015Medium.jpg

this guy really wanted his picture taken

IMG_8990Medium.jpg

IMG_9018Medium.jpg

IMG_9030Medium.jpg

IMG_9035Medium.jpg

IMG_9055Medium.jpg

I'll get some better pictures up when I clean the glass.

you can tell it's a figure eight by the top of its head hence the name figure eight. It's scientific name is Tetraodon biocellatus-biocellatus references the two eyspots on the rear portion of the fish.

you can tell it's a figure eight by the top of its head hence the name figure eight. It's scientific name is Tetraodon biocellatus-biocellatus references the two eyspots on the rear portion of the fish.

Yeah I know, I used to have a Green spotted. He didn't survive the move a couple of months ago. As far as I know they are both just fine in SW, my old LFS was tank sitting a pair that were full SW for 5 years.

Wow nice addition pat!Is he eating?

Yeah, he is eating now. I can't believe this but it took him 2 days to get used to the little clown goby in the tank that bullies everyone. All the CB does is charge hime, and i think it just freaked him out. Its funny because he could tear that guy to shreds.

Yeah I know, I used to have a Green spotted. He didn't survive the move a couple of months ago. I've addressed the puffer in a marine tank thing several times in this thread. They do just fine in a marine tank when properly acclimated.

I think mascott was just trying to help by pointing out that this specific type of puffer - the figure 8 - does not do "just fine" in a marine tank in general. The Green Spot puffer is usually fine in a marine tank, but Figure 8's are not, regardless of how they are acclimated.

After doing some more research, I've found that there are quite a few people keeping Fig8's in SW, but to be safe I'm going to trade him for another GSP today.

Neat stocking patrick, those puffers are really cool. I also like the way you've partitioned the tanks. Well thought out!

Hey thanks man, I love your tanks. That rock wall is gonna be sweet! I haven't replaced the puffer yet, Nobody has anything but figure eights for some reason.

eastcoastandy

Wow I can't believe you would do this to this poor Puffer. You realize you're basically killing it right? That's absolute bull#### that it will do "just fine" in marine conditions. Anyone else who told you it's "fine" to do this is a moron. JUST TAKE HIM BACK TO YOUR LFS SO HE CAN BE HEALTHY! If you're too ignorant to give this poor fish it's proper living conditions then you should have never ####ing got it. I'm sorry to get all mad but there is just absolutely no excuse for this kind of thing. YouR tank looks great on a positive note tho.

Wow I can't believe you would do this to this poor Puffer. You realize you're basically killing it right? That's absolute bull#### that it will do "just fine" in marine conditions. Anyone else who told you it's "fine" to do this is a moron. JUST TAKE HIM BACK TO YOUR LFS SO HE CAN BE HEALTHY! If you're too ignorant to give this poor fish it's proper living conditions then you should have never ####ing got it. I'm sorry to get all mad but there is just absolutely no excuse for this kind of thing. YouR tank looks great on a positive note tho.

Did you bother reading three posts up? Read the thread before you b*tch.

ParanoidObseshun

Geeze Oh Holier than Thou, can you atleast read the thread before coming on and with your first ever post managing to come across as a total douche.

Geeze Oh Holier than Thou, can you atleast read the thread before coming on and with your first ever post managing to come across as a total douche.

*like*

hey what type of starfish is that? i have a bunch of little babby starfish climbing all over my glass and i dont know what type they are but the look kinda similar to that.

thanks

hey what type of starfish is that? i have a bunch of little babby starfish climbing all over my glass and i dont know what type they are but the look kinda similar to that.

thanks

Its an Astropecten polycanthus (Sand Sifting Star). If they are about the size of a penny, they are probably Asterina's.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, moving this weekend. I'm getting all my stuff out of the apartment tomorrow and moving them to my new money pit. The tanks will be done monday, I'm going to go take a quick reread of StevieT's moving guide. In other news I picked up a 180 gallon in pieces today. It started leaking and the PO stuck it the back yard for a few years. I picked it up for $30. I'm going to buff and polish it and get it cut down, looks I'll be getting the custom rimless of my dreams!

Archived