Innovative Marine Aquariums

47 Column Mixed Reef

aaron1987

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply
animalmaster6
Since I'm doing such a good job not studying for my 6pm final today I figured I'd go ahead and attempt to write up my current stocking list since I received a request for it:

Fish

Blue Spotted Jawfish

Blackcap Basslet

Blue Chromis

Midas Blenny

Percula Clownfish

Soft Coral

Assorted Ricordia (Yuma and Florida)

Too many mushrooms

Xenia

LPS

Tyree War Coral

Tyree Meteor Shower Cyphastrea

Rainbow Acan

Sherbert Acan

Unidentified Acan Lords

Frogspawn

Lobophyllia

Tubastrea Faulkneri

Misc. Favia

Dendrophyllia

Duncans

Blue and green trumpet coral

SPS

Tyree Pokerstar montipora

Tyree Pink Sand Dollar montipora

Tyree Sunset montipora

Montipora Hispada

Tyree Montipora Setosa

Rainbow montipora

Idaho Grape montipora

Tyree Flower Petal cap

Green and Red cap

Tyree Purple Monster acro

ORA Oregon Tort

ORA Purple Pillow

ORA Tri-color Valida

Green Slimer

Blue Tip Tenuis

ORA Purple Birdsnest

Tyree Ponape Bidsnest

Purple Millepora

Green Digitata

Purple Digitata (may have thrown all this away)

Green pocillopora (went sexual in my tank, I have it EVERYWHERE)

Polyps

Armageddons

Puple People Eaters

Vivid Nightmare Palys

Cherry Bombs

Incredible Hulk

Other misc. ones

I think that about covers it but I'm sure I forgot a few.

I haven't been by Petland in a good long while; nice guys but their livestock terrifies me. The tank was looking a little rough the last time I was there as well.

AWESOME LIST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Absolutely stunning! How long has it been up and running?

I think he's thinking about a future TOTM!! ;)

Great looking tank and I'm glad to hear the bluespot jawfish is doing well! Now if I had your tank, I can picture some seahorses in it!

I think he's thinking about a future TOTM!! ;)

Great looking tank and I'm glad to hear the bluespot jawfish is doing well! Now if I had your tank, I can picture some seahorses in it!

Well the goal is certainly to make it TOTM quality. Not sure I'm there yet -- there are some incredible aquariums on NR -- but one can always dream :) .

I'm not sure how much much the seahorses would enjoy the amount of flow in my tank lol. A column would make for a pretty cool seahorse tank, though!

i love this tank and also my avatar looks like yours but mine has a santa hat. woot. :) you should get one.

Thanks for reminding me; I've been meaning to update my avatar to a picture I actually took :lol:

DSC_0075-1.jpg

Sadly this little guy is deceased. I struggle to keep McCosker's Flashers for some reason. They appear to be doing great, eat well, no signs of disease, then after a month or two they die on me out of the blue.

Here's another picture of him:

DSC_0164-1.jpg

Well, the blizzard that rolled in canceled my final this evening. Woohoo! This means I get to molest my aquarium a bit. Couple goals: Primarily, pitch most of my caps and rescape the front pillar face. They're taking up a lot of perfectly good space and let's face it, they'll grow back quickly enough. I also need to figure out a better spot for my birdsnest that you can see upended a couple posts up, since it was blocking the view of everything behind it and I'm going to attempt to get my acans into a little garden instead of being strewn haphazardly on my sand bed... easier said than done 30". Pictures to follow if I don't spend all night at it...

animalmaster6
Well, the blizzard that rolled in canceled my final this evening. Woohoo! This means I get to molest my aquarium a bit. Couple goals: Primarily, pitch most of my caps and rescape the front pillar face. They're taking up a lot of perfectly good space and let's face it, they'll grow back quickly enough. I also need to figure out a better spot for my birdsnest that you can see upended a couple posts up, since it was blocking the view of everything behind it and I'm going to attempt to get my acans into a little garden instead of being strewn haphazardly on my sand bed... easier said than done 30". Pictures to follow if I don't spend all night at it...

PICS... drool :P

Real sorry about ur Mcosker Flasher Wrasse. :(:tears:

Snow Day!

I found a couple of local glass companies that want to to try reseal my tank for me. I'm going to try what you had suggested with the back wall and arch.

I sure could use some of the cap you are shaving for the back wall... :D

Absolutely amazing tank! I'm glad to finally see a column tank on nano reef.Every time I'm in petsmart I stare at that tank for a good ten minutes imagining amazing aquascapes I have wanted that tank since The first time I saw it.

Your aquascape is amazing! i am so tempted now!

What kind of equipment do you run for filtration, light etc. ?

Absolutely amazing tank! I'm glad to finally see a column tank on nano reef.Every time I'm in petsmart I stare at that tank for a good ten minutes imagining amazing aquascapes I have wanted that tank since The first time I saw it.

Your aquascape is amazing! i am so tempted now!

What kind of equipment do you run for filtration, light etc. ?

It's in the first post but I know it's easy to miss with so much information.

Equipment:

Lighting is provided by an Outer Orbit 250w MH with four T5's. Bulbs from front to back:

Blue+

Blue+

14k DE Phoenix

Fiji Purple

Blue+

Flow is handled by a Vortech MP20 and a Koralia 1 since the MP20 isn't enough by itself due to tank dimensions and aquascaping.

Filtration is courtesy of a Bulk Reef Supply single chamber media reactor with carbon and granular ferric oxide as well as a Warner Marine HX2.

That's it. Sumpless, baby! B)

Snapped a couple pics tonight including a new FTS with the results of my changes last night. I don't have time to upload them all tonight, but here's a teaser of my new acan garden after my halide went off for the night.

DSC_0261.jpg

animalmaster6
Snapped a couple pics tonight including a new FTS with the results of my changes last night. I don't have time to upload them all tonight, but here's a teaser of my new acan garden after my halide went off for the night.

DSC_0261.jpg

Those acans are AMAZING!

Well I wasn't able to get a FTS I was totally happy with while my halides were on but I did get a pretty decent one with just the T5's burning. Hope you guys enjoy the changes! It makes the tank look a bit less mature but I needed the room the caps were taking up.

DSC_0272.jpg

i love ur tank man! is that a 250w mh lighting it up?

The most recent pic is without the halide on, just four T5's. Three Blue+ and a KZ Fiji Purple (which burns fairly white) which is why the back is highlighted.

animalmaster6
Well I wasn't able to get a FTS I was totally happy with while my halides were on but I did get a pretty decent one with just the T5's burning. Hope you guys enjoy the changes! It makes the tank look a bit less mature but I needed the room the caps were taking up.

DSC_0272.jpg

That shot was AMAZING!!!! It shows like every coral in ur tank! Dood, AWESOME!

That shot was AMAZING!!!! It shows like every coral in ur tank! Dood, AWESOME!

Can't see the Yuma, Purple Monster, Pink Sanddollar, and a favia but just about :)

Archived