Top Shelf Aquatics

47 Column Mixed Reef

aaron1987

omg. just finish reading through the whole thread. Sorry to hear about the 47 going downhill, but im glad you pick it back up and started it again.

searching for ideas for my tank last year i came across your tank and that made me instantly buy a column tank as well :P but its a 37G not a 47. i dont know much about salt and im still working at it slowly but i hope mine could looks like yours one day :)

and i hope you bring back the jawfish :) they are soo awesome! :D

ps: i think in the past i msg you about your tank and if it was sumpless or not :P

keep it up! *subscribe*

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for an update. This tank and all of the accompanying equipment was sold several months ago when I relocated from the Midwest to Seattle.

All is not lost, though: I picked up a rimless 18x18x18 last night with a stand and am planning on doing something exciting with it. Build thread to follow!

Thanks! And nice to see a name I recognize still hanging around!

I just pillaged my wallet at BRS - forgot how expensive buying all the basics again is...refractometer, heater, test kits, epoxy, oh my!

Nothing sexy going on with the tank yet, just a nice vinegar bath and cleaning out the old silicone and false rock wall the previous owner put in place. I'll get the thread up and pics going once I actually do something with it :lol:

Trying to figure out my skimmer, sump, and lighting still...

Archived