SaltCritters.com

My Cube that holds 14 gallons.

Bio-Reef

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Woah haven't been on forever. Well I decided not to sell the tank but to just "go with the flow" and buy some softies, LPS, and zoas. :happy:

Woah haven't been on forever. Well I decided not to sell the tank but to just "go with the flow" and buy some softies, LPS, and zoas. :happy:

lol. I remember reading your thread a while back when I was researching the fishneedit 150 with stock bulb. I look forward to seeing your new setup.

I just got that fixture for my bc14 tonight actually. I have it mounted with the legs right now but my pops is making me a rack for it. I'll hang it about a foot above the water because at 8 inches it absolutely spanks the tank with light. I got the 14k stock, but I'm getting the phoenix soon.

Are they turning brown? Turning White? What kind of corals?

The kenya tree is OK but the GSP is faded with just a bit of green left, and the maze brain coral is turning brown on the edges.

Is that clam still in there? How's it doing under PC? :huh:

Naw I don't have the clam anymore.

i'm so pissed i can't find my camera charger. someone send me a nikon battery charger for the d40. or just a charged battery will do.

Or you can use a point and shoot like me. :) lmao

Naw I don't have the clam anymore.

Or you can use a point and shoot like me. :) lmao

meh I have a powershot A70 for that but i dont like it now that i have that DSLR

meh I have a powershot A70 for that but i dont like it now that i have that DSLR

I know right, I can't wait to get my DSLR...bye bye point and shoot then.

How does that media shelf fit into the BC14? How do you get it inside the tank? Any modifications required? Thanks

You get the media basket made for the biocube 14...and the only mod is to cut the slot from chamber 1 into chamber 2.

:) Good news. My brain coral is re-growing new tissue on the skeleton and pretty soon its going to be very colorful like it used to be. So adding Brightwell's Regenerate, Vitamarine C and plenty of calcium the tissue started growing in about a week :D

Ugh I hate myself for selling the metal halide and the clam! :angry: Damn, I wish I could go back to my original setup...right now the setup looks like crap :tears:

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw your build for the first time, very nice tank, and noticed you're sort of local!

One question for you though. When you switched both to the 50/50, was there any color differences over stock lights? Essentially it's the same as having one of each, or does it give more of a blue-ish light?

Archived