Top Shelf Aquatics

Crocea attacment to rock

Whacked

OK, everything I read says to set the clam on a flatish piece of LR for it to attach to.

However I dont have a flat piece of LR, same for nearby LFS.

Only thing I can think of is to break off a chunk of LR and hopefully shape it to something usable.

But other options?

what about a chunk of aquamend formed to something disk-like?

More than likely your clam would be willing to attach itself to any somewhat flat surface, it's best to have it attach to a smaller rock because it's soo hard to remove it from there after

^ what he said is a good idea. any nearby surface that is sort of flat and angled towards the clams byssal gland, will be just fine. if you ever have to detatch it, be careful, and cut as close to the rock as possible, pulling the clam as far away as possible when you do.

cheryl jordan
OK, everything I read says to set the clam on a flatish piece of LR for it to attach to.

However I dont have a flat piece of LR, same for nearby LFS.

Only thing I can think of is to break off a chunk of LR and hopefully shape it to something usable.

But other options?

what about a chunk of aquamend formed to something disk-like?

If you google Crocea clams in the wild you will see that they like to sit in a depression of a rock. Putting them on a flat surface works alot too. Here is some bad pics of my Crocea clams placement, he or she has been sitting there for two years. :)

post-40050-1259436086_thumb.jpg

post-40050-1259436143_thumb.jpg

The short answer to this is put them on top of something they won't fall off of and if they're comfortable with where they are they will attach......

DSCN0455.jpg

DSCN0448.jpg

DSCN0444.jpg

Nice pics!

I forgot I had a smallish chunk of LR I put in the skimmer part of my fuge. So I fished it out and smashed it up. Ended up with a piece that will work. Within a few hours I can see the foot extending out to grab ahold.

Archived