Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What is this project Opy? Hm?

lol cant tell. It's about a month away from getting started. Been researching for several months before I make this leap. I am about 2 weeks from ordering the tank. But here's a hint, I havent seen many on this site.

I could start the thread now but you know how people get about threads without pics, don't you am? ;)

animalmaster6
lol cant tell. It's about a month away from getting started. Been researching for several months before I make this leap. I am about 2 weeks from ordering the tank. But here's a hint, I havent seen many on this site.

I could start the thread now but you know how people get about threads without pics, don't you am? ;)

I'll give you a flower if you tell me.

I know all too well. All too well...

Well today my yellow feather star, and one of the orange feather stars got a little tangled up. I mean this by they got a few of their sticky arms stuck together. So I did go in and untangle things but we inadvertently lost a few tips of and one long arm of the yellow feather star. I'm sure they will grow back since they did a while back on my orange feather star.

Anyhow, I have a cool video coming of the yellow guy eating before I noticed they were tangled up.

Here's a pic in the mean time of what was left on my finger after I freed then up.

SANY0206.jpg

Well today my yellow feather star, and one of the orange feather stars got a little tangled up.

Note to self, dont put two feather stars in the same tank. Well I will probly never get one anyways lol.

Sorry that happened. There nothing worse than when you see two of your pets causing each other grief.

I don't think they meant it, and they probably could have gotten away by them selves. I've had them in the sam tank for quite a while now and I saw them do this before but before I could intervene, they had already undone themselves.

Some close up feather star pics-

See those white spiky things clinging to the rock? Those are the feather star's legs. Kinda creepy looking- like white bone.

_DSC0743.jpg

If you look closely, you can see two baby arms growing back.

_DSC0742.jpg

Basket star:

DSC_0739-1.jpg

Spiral Coral, look how much it has grown!

_DSC0746.jpg

Beautiful video! I love the feather stars.

The spiral coral is great too. I actually saw one at an LFS a couple of weeks ago listed as a gorgonian. I almost grabbed it, but I have no idea what it's special requirements are. Hopefully they'll still be available somewhere when I've got a bit more experience in general. Congrats on getting yours to grow so well!

Thanks everyone!

About the spiral coral, mine eats just about anything. The tissue is so thin that I can see through it and what it has eaten. I've seen it eat just about everything from frozen mysis and cyclopeeze (it loves those the best) to even dried foods like microcrab pellets (although I'm sure that isn't the healthiest thing for it to eat. I also belive it is non photosynthetic.

Bongo Shrimp

Caught him!

Now he's in a mesh breeder net. We'll see what happens. I'm just taking things as they come right now since I have no idea what I'm doing... And neither does anyone else really.

Archived