Top Shelf Aquatics

Bongo Shrimp's 29g Reef

Bongo Shrimp

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they are harder to keep than normal serpent stars, but easier than feather stars. They need lots and lots of tiny suspended food. Remember, they are filter feeders and one day will reach a diameter of 2ft! Not for a while though.

Some new additions-

Fromia Star:

SANY0179.jpg

Unknown Coral, suspected porites, like the darth maul porites I have. This one was a lot bigger, and a lot cheaper since the store wasn't sure what it was. I think it is bleached darth maul porites. We'll see... You can see the real darth maul porites in the upper left corner.

SANY0188.jpg

I also got a few zoas but they are still closed. Pics of them coming soon.

Just got through the enitre thread. I've read some of it before but I just never got all the way through. Your tank is awesome too! Do you treat the fromia like the others and make sure they've lived in captivity for a while? All I've read about them is they live maybe a year and then die. I am not saying that your will die in a year (I hate when people say that crap) but I was wondering if you've kept them for long periods before? I get scared when that's all I read about them so I never got one lol.

It had been there a while and actually I went to the store with my mom and she really really liked it so I let her buy it for the tank. She usually never sees anything that she likes THAT much so I figured, heck with it, and let her get it. Gotta admit it's pretty cool looking though.

Awesome! I will definately have to follow this thread more. Been doing research on some other sea life for an upcoming project :ninja: . There seems to be alot of misinformation out there about several things but I was completely shocked at the amount of posts that say "you cant keep those in there!" or "You're going to kill everything!" or "your tank is too small for that!". It's so hard to find usefull posts like in this thread that actually give scientific and first hand info. Thanks!

Archived