ReefCleaners.org

Clam on bare bottom.

eclipseboy27

or.......just put a shell underneath it......duh!!! a clam will attach to anything if it's comfortable......that includes the bare bottom of a fish tank

Plus it's a bit of a pain to detach said clam from the glass. My crocea didn't want to attach to rock for a good 6 months after I got it off the glass

just get a nice flat slab of LR to put on the bottom, and see if it will attach to it. lot nicer looking than eggcrate.

even nicer looking than bare bottom tank is a THIN layer of sand, serves no pupose but looks much better .

Warehouse41Ant
just get a nice flat slab of LR to put on the bottom, and see if it will attach to it. lot nicer looking than eggcrate.

even nicer looking than bare bottom tank is a THIN layer of sand, serves no pupose but looks much better .

I think that's personal opinion, though. If you can keep the barebottom clean and have something solid below it, they can look really good. Up to the reefer! Just my .02. Not trying to start something, just saying.

You'll need a rock or clam shell for the clam to attach to. It will not attach to the eggcrate and you do not want it to attach to the glass because then it can be really difficult to remove later.

Archived