Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Jacob's Aquapod 24g Almost Gone

Jacobnano

:rolleyes::P

I like catching dogfish. They might not put up a fight but they're pretty cool!

This is quite fascinating IMO

:D

Me too! I like catching them sometimes, other times they eat my fish I am actually trying to catch haha. What kind of dogfish are you catching?? They are pretty strong! Well as long as you get ones that are over 4 feet haha :P

I bet they would be just as dangerous. They are pretty cool, though.

Do your first two years of college at a community college. Waste of $$ to do it at a major university imo

I know, that is smart. I want to leave my town though haha.

By going to an actual school with dorms. Say far enough from home that your parents cant show up or that its difficult for you to return home on a whim if your staying local. If you still have to do laundry there when your local thats ok. mmm... free food... But it increases your likely hood of graduating by 40%. plus the time you spend in the dorms is incredible beneficial as far as social development. If you can go out of state this will even increase the benefits of being out of your parents house.

That is what I was thinking. I want to leave the state haha. I want to go to Cali but college is so expensive! Also, middle class white kid doesn't get that many scholarships....:(

That's my main motivation. I have great parents, but I need to be on my own for once. Plus the community college is a branch of USC and to go to the Columbia location is only like 2,000 more a year.

That isn't much more, well when you are talking about expensive college haha

2000 more isn't to bad. I pretty much got my A.A. for free besides books because of Florida's bright futures. But in comparison UCF is 550 a class wheras Valencia C.C. was 120. I have another 4 years of 75% tuition covered so I need to take advantage of it. Meh I wish I lived with my parents. Paying rent is way overrated. Food is damn expensive to

As far as socially, drunk freshman :naughtydance:

It is a good deal, but I have to leave my town haha!

Jacob you've got a PM. lol I'm never going to let you have time for a life I keep finding this stuff. Meiobenthology: The Microscopic Motile Fauna of Aquatic Sediments enjoy

Haha I will read it eventually :P I want to get a Ereader of some sort soon, and those will be on my reading list haha.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do your first two years of college at a community college. Waste of $$ to do it at a major university imo

That's what I'm probably going to do, way cheaper, but you still get the same credits

That is what I was thinking. I want to leave the state haha. I want to go to Cali but college is so expensive! Also, middle class white kid doesn't get that many scholarships....:(

California is awesome :happy: although college is expensive anywhere lol

You're smart, you could totally get some scholarships

Jacob think of it this way. I'm, well was, a standard issue burb kid. But I blew off the first semester of my senior year, with the knowledge that it would mean repeating it. Totally tanked my gpa. But I still found scholarships. There a bunch every year that go unclaimed. so its just a ? of how willing you are to dig. Its like trying to collect unemployment. There's a minimum number you need to do a week if you want to get anything. Then theres other thing you can do like, if I remember right federal employs got massive tuition compensation. Like think of this, I was a B avg student, since I liked to party more than study. But I had a gpa that fell to something stupid. maybe like a 1.8 that semester. So how the hell did I get any thing, hell how did I get into school. By kicking &(^ on the act with like a 32 or something. Well its not that good, but good enough. Just study hard & retake the test if you think you can do better. Like one of the guys I knew took the sat & pulled a 1600 on his second try. Ended up with full rides at almost all of the schools he applied to, finally ended up at MIT. The thing that helped me was that the things I was doing when I blew off that semester where. An ecology class which was all field study & a crap ton of backpacking/environmental type stuff. Which all looked good on my applications.

edit: why won't it let you indent. Oh well...

animalmaster6

Me too! I like catching them sometimes, other times they eat my fish I am actually trying to catch haha. What kind of dogfish are you catching?? They are pretty strong! Well as long as you get ones that are over 4 feet haha :P

Hmm. I believe the Spiny Dogfish, Squalus acanthias. It was a good size, 3-4.5 feet if I can recall correctly. They do put up a fight if they are big. It was many years ago so I don't quite remember though! :lol:

I find it funny when someone catches a fish that has a bunch of crabs hanging off of it.

What species have you caught?

I have been asked by the community to persuade you & Spanko to refrain, from playing can you top this with your all in ones please. Until further notice you are not allowed to due any tank maintenance beyond top off's.

Thank you.

signed:

The reef's who's tanks look great until we see yours.

• 2 weeks later...
Carlton'sTank

Tanks looking great Jacob. I see that you got that TOTM shortly after I started my little hiatus, congrats. Hope everything is going good for ya.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone! Sorry for not being here that often! School, Tennis, SkillsUSA etc. have kept me quite busy! The tank looks pretty terrible right now, but it will be back to its full glory by this summer :P!

it's called sorubie yui shapes....or something like that. you know how bitts is always trying to freak us out with these complicated mathematic stuff.

Yeah math is pretty. to bad they don't teach the good stuff in school.

Oh & just to make things even more fun.

calabi-yau7.gif

does it make your brain hurt?

thought you might giggle at it. This time I wasn't trying to scare anyone. Was making a joke & happened to find the animation. while trying to remember how to spell it. they are pretty but thats about the only reason I brought them up. The actual math for this is way to funky to even joke about really. but like I said pretty.

the wiki on them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabi%E2%80%93Yau_manifold

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calabi_conjecture

but more Importantly hack my sky drive & checkout the new book I found on nitrogen in the marine environment. Damn thing is scary good.

read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read read...

Someone really needs to invent books that can be taken orally, say in an easy-to-digest pill format.

Screw kindle.

Either that or we can start by focusing on better stuff. I just reviewed the last 20 pages of this thread (haven't checked in for a while), that's time I could have used reading Kirchman - Microbial Ecology of the Oceans (for example, I could also do some more research on detecting creative accounting practices).

Jacob, nice tank. And I'm being super serial.

Archived