Cultivated Reef

H-Town Heights BC29 **now with UVL PC-Rs**

LogansRunRx

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what is that zoa colony i love it, looks like the one i have now, but it is also kicking out a a red morph

i believe they are eagle eyes... or something very close to it

dunno what they are for sure. i spied them in the frag tank at one of my LFS with a $20 sign on them. took 'em home

i'm happy with 'em.

thanks!

check out zoaid.com

I figured they were eagle eyed. I'd paid 35 for the rock with at least 50 heads on it from the lfs i used to work at.

well, been a while since an update...

and...

i've been shoppin'

torches from my LFS (T&T Fish and Reptile)

one's yellow tips and one's purple tips. camera sux... so ya can't really tell :angry:

DSC00406.jpg

and

hadn't really planned on adding a clown... wanted to avoid the cliche...

but this guy spoke to me at one of my other LFS (City Pets)

he's a picasso perc... nothin' special grade b/c... but he's got a lot of personality.

in QT now. eatin' well...

DSC00397.jpg

and an updated FTS (1-18-10)

DSC00419.jpg

happy reefing.

cheers...

B)

Sweet tank. You like all the same things I like. I have stock lighting and want to do a small scale light upgrade as well. Not into sps either. I think the new PCR bulbs might be perfect. Quick question: how are your florida rics doing? I wanted to get some and put them towards the bottom of my tank, but I was told they might not do well there. Thanks.

Sweet tank. You like all the same things I like. I have stock lighting and want to do a small scale light upgrade as well. Not into sps either. I think the new PCR bulbs might be perfect. Quick question: how are your florida rics doing? I wanted to get some and put them towards the bottom of my tank, but I was told they might not do well there. Thanks.

Thx!

yeah... not been bitten by the SPS bug yet... but, do have a recently aquired rimless 20H sittin' round.

we'll see...

my rics are fine on the sand bed. i have 4 florida and 1 white/pink yuma in there right now with a few green yumas to add. it's time for a light change (PCs only good for about 6 months) so they are starting to reach up ("cupping" i think it's called) toward the light.

eagerly waiting word from the Nanocustoms on the UVL PCRs rather than just get new 36W PCs... but there's no hard dates yet so i'm likely to just go ahead and replace the PCs anyway.

nice torches. hows the yellow assessor doing?

the Assessor's doin' great!

so glad i found him early on. very hardy.

but, of course, he's made his home in the rocks at the back right corner of the tank. if you look real close in the recent FTS, you can see him and his reflection in the glass on the lower right (sorry, my camera's a POS).

he's a very picky eater. won't eat pellets, won't eat flake. picks and chooses from Rod's Food. so he's on a regular diet of chopped PE Mysis with Brightwell AminOmega and Garlic -> seems happy :)

still amazing to watch him patrol the rock work -> his swimming position is always relative to the rock work... be it right-side up or upside-down. really cool little guy.

we'll see how he and his new friend (the clown) get along.

Hi

How much did you widened the 1->2 spill way?

Thanks

the whole way -> from the back of the tank, to the false wall. there is no notch anymroe.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice frogspawn <3 Might have to drive to check out T&T! Went to City Pets yesterday and was floored by the place! Kitteh liked!

If I can ask, How much did your RODI cost ya to make? I need to look into buying a new one ;3

Nice frogspawn <3 Might have to drive to check out T&T! Went to City Pets yesterday and was floored by the place! Kitteh liked!

If I can ask, How much did your RODI cost ya to make? I need to look into buying a new one ;3

thanks, K

always keepin' an eye out on here for other H-towners...

yeah, T&T is DEFINATELY worth it. if i had to only go to one lfs... it'd be them. it's worth the drive. Paul and Raymond are great.

the ghetto ro/di set me back about 90 bucks... didn't really save THAT much over some of the ebay stores but mine's got a 100gpd filter. so i can whip up a bucket of ro in no time. important for me cuz my house is tiny and i don't have room to keep loads of water just sittin round.

got the parts from H2O Splash

cheers...

B)

• 1 month later...
LogansRunRx

just an update with some pics.

all's well here.

just can't figure out why my zoa's aren't opening up???

everything else looks great...

enjoy!

updated fts

DSC00494.jpg

my picasso perc, Cher

DSC00522.jpg

ric garden

DSC00507.jpg

pissed off zoa's

DSC00504.jpg

DSC00518.jpg

wish i knew what was up with my zoa's???

thinking about adding a 6-line.

cheers...

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I have a small frag of zoas (3-4 heads) if you are interested- free ofcourse. Look at my thread, post 122, to see what they could look like and look at post 180 to see what they look like now. In post 180, you can actually see the piece I am talking about. Its between the blasto and brain on the right hand side on the sand. If you are interested we can meet up at All About Fish. Let me know.

LogansRunRx
Hey, I have a small frag of zoas (3-4 heads) if you are interested- free ofcourse. Look at my thread, post 122, to see what they could look like and look at post 180 to see what they look like now. In post 180, you can actually see the piece I am talking about. Its between the blasto and brain on the right hand side on the sand. If you are interested we can meet up at All About Fish. Let me know.

call me interested...

but i'd rather a trade (just seems more equitable).

interested in that green yuma in the very front of the ric garden (post #41 pic #3, front right)???

lemme see what i'm doin' this weekend... i'll pm ya tomorrow.

LogansRunRx
nice tank!

thanks...

Nice tank. The torches look awesome.

thanks...

yeah, they've been really happy so far.

just wish i was havin' better luck with the zoa's???

can't figure out why i'm havin' such issues???

call me interested...

but i'd rather a trade (just seems more equitable).

interested in that green yuma in the very front of the ric garden (post #41 pic #3, front right)???

lemme see what i'm doin' this weekend... i'll pm ya tomorrow.

Sure, if you are willing to trade it for this VERY small piece. But I dont mind giving it to you. I wanted to try a yuma with the LEDs anyway. PM me and let me know. Doesnt have to be this weekend, so no rush.

LogansRunRx
Have you looked for Zoa pests? Try dipping them.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=136028

yeah...

i dipped a few of the colonies in iodine and FEW last week.

i guess i could dry fresh water???

and i don's see anything that looks even remotely like zoa pox.

been dosing with VitC any way, though.

also been hitting the tank with a bit of Microbacter7 for water quality -> but i've never had detectable nitrates (API and Salifert kits).

i dunno what the deal is..

i suscpect that if it was too little light, they'd be open wide and reaching for the light.

it's definately not too much light -> it's a stock BC29 with PCs

we'll see if it's spectrum or something when i get my new UVL PCRs from Nanotuners next month.

i've got some egg crate laying around and a few of the underwater bulbs from inTank -> so i'm gonna see about scrapping together a fuge and scoring some chaeto this weekend.

i dunno?

yeah...

i dipped a few of the colonies in iodine and FEW last week.

i guess i could dry fresh water???

and i don's see anything that looks even remotely like zoa pox.

been dosing with VitC any way, though.

also been hitting the tank with a bit of Microbacter7 for water quality -> but i've never had detectable nitrates (API and Salifert kits).

i dunno what the deal is..

i suscpect that if it was too little light, they'd be open wide and reaching for the light.

it's definately not too much light -> it's a stock BC29 with PCs

we'll see if it's spectrum or something when i get my new UVL PCRs from Nanotuners next month.

i've got some egg crate laying around and a few of the underwater bulbs from inTank -> so i'm gonna see about scrapping together a fuge and scoring some chaeto this weekend.

i dunno?

Hmmm. I guess we'll see what happens with the zoas I give you this weekend.

Archived