SaltCritters.com

Will a clam grow its foot back?

shadowninja

The foot was ripped off or detached when I got in a shipment. The clam was put in the tank and is fine (opens up and stuff). Incase you were wondering it is a black Maxima.

Pictures? :P

I finally had some time to take some pictures. The first are with flash which shows the true colors of both my clams and some corals. The last picture isn't too good since I'm still playing with my macro lens on my D90. The first clam (gold one) is my maxima/crocea hybrid a.k.a T. Maxea. The second is the black T. Maxima. Also the clam grew back its foot =) but is now attached in a wierd position =(.

dsc0051pj.jpg

dsc0050p.jpg

dsc0111yf.jpg

Make sure there is something for it to attach to while on the sand otherwise it could attach to the glass and you will never be able to move it.

Make sure there is something for it to attach to while on the sand otherwise it could attach to the glass and you will never be able to move it.

It's attached to a small piece of substrate but even if it attached to the glass you could still move it, you would just have to coax it off.

It's attached to a small piece of substrate but even if it attached to the glass you could still move it, you would just have to coax it off.

Yes you could move it but you would run the risk of damaging the foot in the process. It's much easier to put a clam shell or flat rock or frag disk underneath the clam now then have to deal with trying to get it off the glass later.

Archived