Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Unofficial nano-reef 12" cube contest: THE LAST FTS due 3/15/10

got2envy

I updated my thread Saturday night and it's a good thing cuz my wife delivered our first baby boy on Dec 13 @4:28am!!!! We'll be at the hospital until Tuesday... Have a great day everyone I haven't slept since Saturday!

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Early Christmas present!!!! Congrats

I updated my thread Saturday night and it's a good thing cuz my wife delivered our first baby boy on Dec 13 @4:28am!!!! We'll be at the hospital until Tuesday... Have a great day everyone I haven't slept since Saturday!
bluefunelement

? For everyone - how often do you do water changes? And is your alk/CA stable?

My ALK was 6 while my CA/MG were normal- not sure if it's the macro or small

size but I hate to dose if I don't have to.

I do a water change every Tuesday, I turn off the pump / powerhead, drain the section w/ the pump and than take the water lvl in the tank down to just above where the acan is. I haven't tested for anything yet so no clue what my alk/ CA are.

bluefunelement

So I figured out my stupid low Alk problem....

I have SOOO much Halimeda growth that it was pulling ALL of the carbonates out of the water and I was loosing 1-2 ALk a day - usual for a heavily stocked SPS tank but who would have guessed macros could do the same? Well the tank is like 30% Halimeda :o

Trimming back for next week's FTS - you like American, Brazilian, or the Sphinx?

:lol:

FTS_11_29_2009.jpg

bluefunelement

The only DQ I'm interested in is one where I can get a Candy Cane Chill Blizzard

thread updated with a lights out when I got home pick...

bluefunelement

am6 FTS are on each of our individual threads linked to from page 1

also did you get your shrimp and goby paired before you bought them? and where in MA are you?

Archived