Coral Vue Hydros

n0rk's buzzword bonanza

n0rk

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty much. Taking stock of what was wrong here, which I knew would be... and doing it right. I didn't actually want to set this tank up honestly... I only did out of impatience and ignorance I guess. So now... we're back on aim to do #### right.

Nah, too many problems arising and too much in life right now buddy. Running a ZEOvit tank while doing 80 hours of work a week when you've got no automation is not a wise decision. It's already done anyway. There's no point trying to revive the ashes.

speakin of the new tank you have up your sleeve. may I say to all it will be worth the wait, & hey how could you deny the corals their chance at going to summer camp.

Sadly there's been two or three that've gone under heavy weather in the new tank (I just got home from seeing them...), apparently there's been an outbreak of bugs :rolleyes: but... yeah, it'll be worth it. I hope...

didn't you tell them to tack there bug spray. silly kids, they just never listen.

They took it, it just never got used. It's always the way with kids :lol:

Good luck in the new adventure Ben. The previous tank was a real looker.

Graci buddy. The new tank will look as close to this as I can manage, because... well, I'm not very creative :lol: I think the extra 14" of length and 7" of height will make a big difference to things, at least in terms of having space to let stuff grow out. Still aiming for roughly the same positioning so it's basically just moving this tank into a bigger one with better flow. Few more things I'm researching, but I think I'll be right...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Haha, to be fair, that left island isn't in this tank anymore either. I sold this tank to another reefer on here about a month back. I've sort of been in process of getting a new one ready. Roughly the same aquascape idea, just putting the footprint I'll have to better use... :)

Cheers.

Very likely will be in this... same plan as the Arena, only a foot smaller, not Starphire, and with a different skimmer. I mean, I could do all of those things... but I've come to realise that the BK I had was massively overrated (it's currently skimming 2000L without a problem...). I'm trying to decide between an ATB Nano B Deluxe or a BK Double Kone 200 at this point, sort of leaning towards the ATB. I know how it performs, the DK has a few things I'm not overly taken on.

As for stocking... frags, anyone?

Both are the same. 'cos I'm foreign, neither has particularly good support or parts :lol: I'm pretty set on an Alpha 170 after talking to my supplier, it's enormously cheaper than both and better rated.

Archived