Cultivated Reef

STOCK / DOSE / FREQUENCY

Takara

I'm not asking what I should, I'm just asking what other people have and what works for them, that way every time someone who wants to get into clams doesn't have to make a post about their own setup, the can just find another member who has a similar setup and START there. If I wanted an exact answer on my setup I'll just ask my LFS guy, there is actually 1 or 2 you can still trust now a days.

well i got a heavy load of SPS and a clam and i dose B-Ionic 2 Part every day. i also supplement Mg with Kent Tech-M and B-Ionic Mg supplement. lastly i add some Phyto every other day for the clam.

Clam in Question: Tridacna Crocea

I have a 29BC

I have two clams, a Maxima and a Crocea and a few sps and lps. I currently use Crystal sea marine mix for salt. I do 2 gallon WC weekly. (Going to up that to 4 gallons)

I am dosing with C Balance @ 14 ml daily, dividing the dose in two. (7 ml in the morning and 7 ml at night)

Dose Kent Tech M, Reef Builder and Reef advantage ca lcium twice a week

I cant seem to keep KH or Ca up(thats the reason I'm upping WC)

KH testing at 7-9

Ca testing at 380- 420

I have 5 clams in a 44 gallon (total volume) tank....but b/c I only have zoas and softies otherwise i was only using a weekly water change to help bring everything back up to the correct levels....but now that the clams are growing a bit i'm dosing once a week with C-Balance and the parameters are

Calcium- 460-480

Alk - 8

Ph- 8.0-8.2 (day and night)

Archived