Which Salt would you choose?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Salt would you choose?

• Tropic Marin Reef Salt
    • Sea Chem Reef Salt
    • DD H2O
    • Oceanic
    • Morton's Table Salt

Why even put morton's ? What if that wins ? Your seriously going to consider that option ? :lol: Just taking votes away from a real decision imo. I voted for it btw ! :happydance:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have use Oceanic, reef crysals , and DD right now I like DD and I loved oceanic but DD is cheep out here so I must use it.......BTW look at Fraggle reef they are a sponsor and they only use DD and Brian does GB all the time.

:wub: at adding Morton's

I am thinking of switching salts after two years. There is no real reason but I am sick of the red sea coral pro bucket

Valid reason right?

:wub: at adding Morton's

I am thinking of switching salts after two years. There is no real reason but I am sick of the red sea coral pro bucket

Valid reason right?

Pretty good to me, i've always liked the instant ocean clownfish logo, main reason i went with IO, i'm still diggin' in.

Okay, I just bought the salt and water today and added it to my tank

Salt_n_Water.JPG

What you think?

Everyone who voted for Morton's go to time out! It killed all my fish.

Why even put morton's ? What if that wins ? Your seriously going to consider that option ? :lol: Just taking votes away from a real decision imo. I voted for it btw ! :happydance:

Go to time out!

I added the vote for Tropic Marin. :) I've used it for all my previous tanks (though I'm trying out reef crystals right now) and I really liked the results.

I don't know much about Seachem salt, so maybe I shouldn't have voted.

Tigahboy has spoken. :lol:

Here's my plan. Since most people do not have TOTM, I will go with the salt that is the least picked. There, I tricked ya. ;)

Baller status salt = Teco brand or Tunze brand... Just sayin'!! The Teco comes in some fancy 8g sized bucket BTW, I can't remember how many gallons of water it's good for, but it's probably around 532609347896734 gallons worth. :P

Baller status salt = Teco brand or Tunze brand... Just sayin'!! The Teco comes in some fancy 8g sized bucket BTW, I can't remember how many gallons of water it's good for, but it's probably around 532609347896734 gallons worth. :P

Is the bucket plated in Gold?

Here's my plan. Since most people do not have TOTM, I will go with the salt that is the least picked. There, I tricked ya. ;)

Actually, I made this decision after I realized Oceanic and Morton's table salt were tied.

Paleoreef103

I use Tropic Marin in my lab tanks and they are doing fantastic. I use IO at home, but don't really like it, but just purchased a bucket of Tunze Salt. Really looking forward to trying it. Tropic Marin is some seriously high quality product though.

I use Tropic Marin in my lab tanks and they are doing fantastic. I use IO at home, but don't really like it, but just purchased a bucket of Tunze Salt. Really looking forward to trying it. Tropic Marin is some seriously high quality product though.

Hrmmm...I am very enticed. In all reality I am considering between Tropic Marin and Sea Chem still. I will see what my non-evil LFS will sell it for...(as opposed to the evil one I never actually buy anything from, but always look around anyway).

I don't like it when companies hide the price ! Must be expensive ! -_-

I don't like it when companies hide the price ! Must be expensive ! -_-

Oh it is expensivw, well Teco brand anyways. The Tunze is sold in bags I've seen. Premium Aquatics sells it and it's not terribly expensive. About $10 more a bag than your average price of I/O.

As far as the buckets being gold, lol!! They are not, but I DO have a Teco 8g bucket I use for my ATO water. Kept my tank happy and well topped-off for the full week I was in Hawaii last month. ;)

TM Pro is ONLY for use when a calcium reactor is in use on the tank. Better read the description of it a little better before considering it as a choice. Pro is NOT better than regular, it's just formulated for a different purpose in aqueria.

I 2nd D-D H20 brand salt.

eeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrtttt! Wrong. ;)

After carefully reading through all the material on their site it turns out the Pro version adds more calcium and magnesium. It states that the regular salt will require more supplementation.

scubasteve2580

i really liked oceanic because at alk of 9 the calcium balanced out at like 460 and the magnesium is high. petsmart ran out so i started using IO. i like it alright. dissolves really well. i just dont like the low alk and calcium but thats easy enough to adjust.

Archived