Which Salt would you choose?  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Which Salt would you choose?

• Tropic Marin Reef Salt
    • Sea Chem Reef Salt
    • DD H2O
    • Oceanic
    • Morton's Table Salt

I have narrowed my choices down to these two brands. Please vote in the poll and tell us why in a post. I want to have the very best setup possible, so no skimping.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

D&D H2Ocean Salt is the best imo. Tropic marine is supposed to be really good but I have never seen it available locally. D&D salt is something you could probably find at a local retailer.

TM Pro is ONLY for use when a calcium reactor is in use on the tank. Better read the description of it a little better before considering it as a choice. Pro is NOT better than regular, it's just formulated for a different purpose in aqueria.

I 2nd D-D H20 brand salt.

You do realize a lot of people use other salt brands and they also have killer SPS. :rolleyes:

Right, but if you want "TOTM", don't you have to do it precisely her way? :P

If I wasn't too lazy to mix my own water I would totally try D-D H2O. But I get my water from my LFS and they use Oceanic.

Right, but if you want "TOTM", don't you have to do it precisely her way? :P

*snortle*

Deleted User 6
If I wasn't too lazy to mix my own water I would totally try D-D H2O. But I get my water from my LFS and they use Oceanic.

Upgrade your tank!

Why does nobody like SeaChem or Tropic Marin? I arrived at these two choices after reading through a salt thread and they were highly recommended. In all honesty, SDT recommended Tropic Marin and I saw that she got TOTM, so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

No Snortling!

el fab got TOTM too and he recommended Oceanic and said he would try DD H20. And he has SPS.

What now?

The other thread was more convincing. :o

el fab got TOTM too and he recommended Oceanic and said he would try DD H20. And he has SPS.

What now?

Rock...Paper...Scissors?

Archived