Pod Your Reef

Jacob's random photos...

Jacobnano

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Germany and Italy a long time ago, don't remember it at all though. I deserve to go back, I was born there. :P

• 2 weeks later...
awsome :D

Thanks!

Very nice. :) I really need to get up to Puget Sound.

Thanks man! Yea you should head up here, dang neat place.

DPP_0001-5.jpg?t=1280524407

Wow that looks awesome, but :scarry: lol

It was so awesome. I stood outside in the rain haha. I was gonna go on the roof, then I realized I didn't want to risk dieing :lol:

Impressive then.

Thanks! It was the only shot I got. I think the out of focus bit makes it artistic too :)

It was so awesome. I stood outside in the rain haha. I was gonna go on the roof, then I realized I didn't want to risk dieing :lol:

YOURE INSANE

How did you time it right?

Not that insane......lol. I have done fun-er/crazier.

I got out, and right when I was getting it all focused in I accidentally clicked the button. First and only shot I was able to get of the lightning lol.

And for any previous misspellings of mine, I meant lightning, not lightening, lol.

You're to wimpy to risk dying? And I thought you were cool. -_-:lol:

Haha I know right? Dang. The chances were so slim, there were tons of trees taller than me, and the neighbors has an antenna higher lol.

Would pinning a rattlesnake down make up for it?

Nice try at the lightning shot Jacob.. those are so hard to get. Some of the tips I have been reading for those is to focus on the area in the distance where the storm is coming from. Have the camera on a tripod and once you have an idea of timing between thunder and more lightning to begin snapping pics before the lightning strikes.

It is one of the next projects I am going to be trying for myself... if only a storm would actually hit in my area.. they are all going around us. lol.

Did you ever get a macro lense or are you still using the 18-55mm?

• 2 weeks later...
Nice try at the lightning shot Jacob.. those are so hard to get. Some of the tips I have been reading for those is to focus on the area in the distance where the storm is coming from. Have the camera on a tripod and once you have an idea of timing between thunder and more lightning to begin snapping pics before the lightning strikes.

It is one of the next projects I am going to be trying for myself... if only a storm would actually hit in my area.. they are all going around us. lol.

Did you ever get a macro lense or are you still using the 18-55mm?

They are haha. That is actually what I read before I went out there lol! I was getting it focused and was able to snap that pic. I am glad I did because the lightening basically stopped in my field of view after that :lol:

Go to the east coast of the US, the storms there are awesome!

Nope still using the 18-55 haha.

Not that insane......lol. I have done fun-er/crazier.

I got out, and right when I was getting it all focused in I accidentally clicked the button. First and only shot I was able to get of the lightning lol.

And for any previous misspellings of mine, I meant lightning, not lightening, lol.

Sooo...YOU'RE INSANE

Hahahaha lol :lol: My best shot, IMO, was totally random

Sooo...YOU'RE INSANE

Hahahaha lol :lol: My best shot, IMO, was totally random

Meh I dunno lol.

That happens ;)

Archived