Cultivated Reef

What Salt Do You Use?

ReefYourself

Word to the wise:

Pick a salt and stick with it. There are very few things more stressful to a tank than continually changing salt mixes.

Well mixing various salts together in the same SW batch isn't the best either, but it's working out for me so far. I've come to learn that minimal physical contact with the tank is far more key to a healthy tank than what salt is being used and how often it's changed. That's a whole other topic for anothet time though. ;)

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use the stuff i put on my popcorn. my fish and corals love it.

seriously i don't see the point in spending $50-$60 on ONE bucket of salt. I used TM, OC, RC and OC was my favorite. I did a 50/50 mix of RC and OC, doesn't mix so well. I will be switching to SeaChem soon as i am out of all salt soon. Oceanic buckets rock though, nice and tall for a nice large water change/top off bucket. :)

I agree that it is a bad thing but you must have poor imaginations if you can only think of a few things more stressful to a tank than changing salt :)

Putting complete tank in a cardboard box and UPSing it to yourself with a "this side up" sticker for no reason would be up there but salt changing is in fact near the bottom.

My bad, I was refering to things experienced reefers would do to their tank, like changing suppliments, or salt. I can see it went about 10 feet over your head.

####### in your tank would probably be more stressful too, so dont do it.

<_<

pfft, how the hell am I supposed to get my ammonia spike then? experienced reefers... :rolleyes:

Get back to me after you have a TOTM quality tank. Then we can have a disussion.

A tank shouldnt have an ammonia spike if you know how to start a tank.

I set new tanks up with fish and corals a week later all the time.

So no 1 here uses Marine Environment???? I think I am the only one on this site!!!

I have used marine environment and seachem. The seachem is handy because it comes in a big bucket. The best salt available in my opinion is Marine Environment though.

Whats so gimmick about the second part? You must not keep a nutrient stripping system.

I use M.E. obviously.

And it sounds like you need to google "sarcasm" "tongue in cheek" and "gullibility" and then we can have a discussion lol. calm down :)

HEY JACOB NO ONE CARES

XBOX, STFU and go post in the lounge.

"NO ONE CARES" what you have to say, you dont even have a tank lol. "It took to much time" LMFAO......noob.

LMFAO SDT YOU WORK AT A FISH STORE AND DON'T HAVE A MORTGAGE TO PAY SO OF COURSE YOU HAVE TIME FOR A SILLY LITTLE FISH TANK

Archived